POLL: 2012 iMac Order Date

Discussion in 'iMac' started by noahc, Oct 24, 2012.

?

When will the 2012 27" iMac Start Shipping

1. Week of December 3

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Week of December 10

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Week of December 17

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Week of December 24

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Week of December 31

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. noahc macrumors member

After months of speculation, we're finally past the "when will they announce the new iMac" question -- so we can move onto the "when will I be able to BUY and USE" my new 27" iMac. So with that in mind, lets start the speculation!

2. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Going optimistic here. I think someone said that the AUS Apple Store would be selling 21" iMacs next weekend, and Phil said 27" iMacs would come a month after the 21", so, yeah..

3. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

You cannot see upgrade pricing on the UK store. I assume it is the same on other stores. Hopefully that information will be available before preorders so people have time to make the decision over Fusion Drive and other options.

4. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Would be great to see BTO pricing and options. Please oh please give us a 2.5" SSD option on the 21.5"!!!!!!!!!!!

or

Make it simple for the user to put a disk/drive in there! (no chance I bet!)

5. Tom J macrumors regular

The thread title is asking about the order date, yet the poll results reflect the shipping date, two different things. I'm going to go out on limb and say that we'll be able to order by Black Friday with shipping the first week in December.

I think Apple is being extra cautious here and tempering expectations for a product that has had manufacturing issues.

6. bayleaves macrumors regular

Pre-order Dates

Got an email from Tim Cook (or someone in his office, more likely) saying, "We will begin taking orders for the new iMacs closer to the initial shipment date." What I don't know is if this means they will start taking orders for 21.5" and 27" iMacs at the same time, even though the ship dates are different, or if they will be staggering the pre-orders with the corresponding ship dates.

Whatever the case, I will be ordering my 27" iMac as soon as it becomes possible. Looks like I've already got a buyer for my 2007 24" iMac, so that will help with the cost (along with the iTunes VIP discount).

7. Hairlesswookiee macrumors member

I'm gonna have to wait until the first of the year. It'll be delivered too close to Xmas, and I'd rather just wait to see some product reviews anyways. The wife has already ruled out getting it as a "Christmas present" so I can't even use that as a reason to order on day one. :(

8. lucasfunkt macrumors 6502

Will we know these prices before it's available to order or do we have to wait until December for that too?

9. smfinlay macrumors member

My co-worker and I were discussing this today. I can't see them making the iMac available too close, or even after Christmas. So my guess was the 10th.

However, he seems to think that they'll make it available for purchase/pre-order in early December, but have it not ship until the end of the month or even the beginning of January.

Hopefully I'm right. :)

10. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

I am getting mines for Christmas. I voted 10th which is 15 days before Christmas I am a bit worried that it might not arrive in time.