I have listed my issues in other threads; unfortunately unless you knew it was coming, there would not even be time to grab a phone to video the crashes in my case as the machine usually logs out almost instantaneously. Of course all the video would show is a stuck cursor and an auto-logout and screen asking for password to log back in after Apple logo/progress bar.
- Adobe AI - usually on launch right after palettes appear if it is going to freeze/crash/restart.
- Adobe InDesign - usually on launch right after palettes appear if it is going to freeze/crash/restart.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - usually on launch right after interface appears if it is going to freeze/crash/restart.
[I cannot recall any Adobe apps crashing if they survive the first minute or so]
- Dreamweaver - Unable to Cut and Paste text in Code View twice - restarting app fixed it?
- Quicktime - usually freeze/crash/restart right after launch when double-clicking a tutorial .mov thumbnail.
- Just selecting a file on the Desktop once caused freeze/crash/restart
- At least (3) times, waking from sleep first thing in the morning, greeted by login screen asking for password with a dialog that the computer shut down improperly.
- Only seen a Kernel Panic dialog once.
- Never seen a problem with Quickbooks, Quicken, Mail, Safari, Messages (which I am in extensively)
Mac Pro power light always stays on - even after all crashes/logouts - only powered off once the first day I got it.
When freezes occur, Force Quit cannot be accessed - machine just restarts.
I cannot rule out that the root cause may be some Time Machine files that migrated over that the Mac Pro does not like or possible font issues (although Font Doctor shows everything perfect). The Time Machine backup I used to migrate to the new Mac Pro on day-one came off my 2015 MacBook Pro which was running the exact same version of Catalina as what came installed on the Mac Pro.The MacBook has never had a crash of any kind - ever - and has been running Catalina since it came out with all the same apps.