Poll - 7 or 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gman7722, Sep 21, 2016.

?

What did you get/like better?

1. iPhone 7

28.3%
  2. iPhone 7 Plus

71.7%
  1. gman7722 macrumors newbie

Apologies - I know looks like this have been done numerous times.

I bought both phones and was curious which model everyone here prefers.

2. airjay75 macrumors regular

I think you'll find a heavy bias on these forums towards the Plus. Just a more tech-savvy group of people who are going to tend to opt for the device with the best specs and most features. (I'm a regular 7 person myself after 2 years of a Plus).

3. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

How did you adjust going to a smaller size? And do you notice the lower resolution?

4. lax28 macrumors regular

lax28

Had 6+ and 6s+. Thought about switching to 7 for smaller size as the differences between both phones are not as much as when the 6 came out. But in the end, I opted for the JB 7+. I wasn't able to get it for the 16th, but it arrived Monday, and both the phone and color are awesome. Glad I stayed with the plus and opted for JB. I stuck with 128, considered 256, but since I upgrade yearly I figured if I need the more space later this year it will be close to the next release anyway. If I planned on keeping my phone for 2 or more years I would have opted for the 256.

5. airjay75 macrumors regular

Definitely have not noticed lower resolution. Hasn't really been much of an adjustment at all. If anything, I don't really understand why I thought I needed the Plus these past 2 years. I cannot think of a single thing I did with my Plus where I can't do it just as easily on the non-Plus. I just do not miss the extra screen space and I am really enjoying having a lighter, smaller device, especially for things like gym trips, running, and hiking (all of which I do a lot of). But, I also enjoy it just for every day usage too. About the only negative I've noticed is less battery life, which is to be expected, but it's still more than adequate. Of course, it's all a matter of personal preference, but I personally prefer the non-Plus version.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

7+ is definetly the more "in demand" phone this launch season for the reason you state - but also because, unlike the 4.7" 7, it at least has a true new feature in the camera. The 4.7 7" is less appealing as an upgrade because it's mostly a re-heated 6s and the prospect of a truly all-new phone next year makes it less of a must-buy.

But I disagree that tech-savvy people are going to automatically go for the 5.5" size. I appreciate the 5.5" model, and lust for the 7+'s camera. But, for me, it's size makes it a no-buy. It's just not a convenient size, especially when running. 4.7" is the perfect balance for me. It's not always about the most bells and whistles. Form matters a great deal too. It's also why I don't understand why Apple chooses to differentiate the 4.7 and 5.5 models on anything other than size.

7. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

iPhone 7 Plus tech specs in a 4" size. Otherwise none.

8. nitrocosis macrumors member

nitrocosis

iPhone 7 plus.
    I could personally never use a non phablet sized device. Any other specs are secondary to a screen size.

9. deivydas macrumors member

deivydas

The biggest nonsense is that i like iPhone 7 better, but already pre-ordered iPhone 7 Plus :) My decision was merely pragmatic: better screen, better camera, better battery and even more RAM's. But if iPhone 7 came with dual cam and +20% better battery life than it has today - i would buy it in a minute :) And yes, even 7 would cost as much as 7 Plus.

10. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

11. deivydas macrumors member

deivydas

I know i know, my bad, english is not my native language, so sorry for mistakes :)

12. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

You're doing just fine, no need to apologize for speaking and writing in two languages.