Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you wait for UPS to deliver the new iPhone to your door or pick it up at a UPS/FedEx CC

• Total voters

LLL1424

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
With September 25 getting closer,

I was wondering if more people will be picking up phones at customer service centers from UPS or FedEx or doing it the old classic way and waiting for it to be delivered to your door. Weigh in!!! I'm personally going to pick it up at 8am on Friday even though I'm scared to do so! We shall see!

LLL1424

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Update : just made the confirmation to have it held at the ups location in Landover md. Called and verified and it will be there at 8am on the 25 :)

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
Taking the day off and having it delivered to my house. My bf is taking the day off too and we'll be hanging out and gaming until the happy moment arrives.

Reactions: Cergman

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Wow, lots more people picking up than I thought. I wonder if there will be long lines at the UPS centers. Oh well, maybe my UPS dude will arrive on time if he doesn't have to deliver as many.

Reactions: LLL1424

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
Picking up at my local UPS store, not the CC. CC is too much of a pain in the butt. :)

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
undecided.... contemplating picking it up... then I get to go to starbucks, too!

if I pick it up, I should be able to get it between 8:30 and 9.... if I wait I won't get it til around noon... and that three hours would be a horrible long wait! haha!

it's about 25-30 min to where I'd have to pick it up from... if I pick it up I'd have it set up. restored and using it by the time he drives by my house!

LLL1424

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Wow, lots more people picking up than I thought. I wonder if there will be long lines at the UPS centers. Oh well, maybe my UPS dude will arrive on time if he doesn't have to deliver as many.

I'm surprised how many folks are going to UPS Customer Centers as well. I hope not to deal with a huge line but it's better than waiting all day for the driver to get to my door.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
In in a strange situation (well maybe not that strange).

My ID has a different address than my shipping address since we moved and I didn't think it prudent to pay a fee to have that changed.

My apartment has an office where all packages are dropped off and signed for and then emails are dispatched for residents to come get them. My concern is ups won't leave it with the management (ups has before but I've not had experience with iPhones and I'm told it can be hit and miss)

I'm not terribly worried. I guess I'll wait and see if they drop off Friday. If not, I'll have to see what my options are.

philbo7

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
Ardmore, Oklahoma
I'll be consolidating my computer work for Friday and working from home. However I will have to be disciplined to get anything done. Anytime I hear a pin drop I'll be rushing to the screen door (leaving the main door open).

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I'll be consolidating my computer work for Friday and working from home. However I will have to be disciplined to get anything done. Anytime I hear a pin drop I'll be rushing to the screen door (leaving the main door open).

I'll be outside your house, then.

pins%2B027.JPG

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Picking mines up. UPS takes forever to deliver to my house, they get here around 8:30pm. Last year when I picked up my 6 there was a little line and I waited for about 15-20 min. Much rather wait in line than wait all day at home.

rarebeauty

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
I will be picking it up at some point throughout the day. I have to leave the house around noon and I don't want to take that chance and miss the delivery.

LLL1424

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
In in a strange situation (well maybe not that strange).

My ID has a different address than my shipping address since we moved and I didn't think it prudent to pay a fee to have that changed.

My apartment has an office where all packages are dropped off and signed for and then emails are dispatched for residents to come get them. My concern is ups won't leave it with the management (ups has before but I've not had experience with iPhones and I'm told it can be hit and miss)

I'm not terribly worried. I guess I'll wait and see if they drop off Friday. If not, I'll have to see what my options are.
I'll save you some headache and copy and pasted some information from the ups site. You'll be fine but just bring extra information.

• Option 1: Present a government-issued photo ID where the last name and full address (including the suite or apartment number, if applicable) on the ID match the last name and full address on the package.
  • Option 2: Present a government-issued photo ID where the last name matches the last name on the package. If the address on the ID doesn't match the address on the package, please bring proof of residency that matches the address on the package--for example, a current utility bill.
  • Option 3: Present a government-issued photo ID where the full address or name on the ID matches the full address or name on the package. If the last name or full address doesn't match, you will need to provide the package tracking number to the UPS Access Point representative.
  • Option 4: Present a government-issued photo ID and your shipper-provided package release code (if required).*
1.gif

1.gif

Reactions: lordofthereef

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I'll save you some headache and copy and pasted some information from the ups site. You'll be fine but just bring extra information.

• Option 1: Present a government-issued photo ID where the last name and full address (including the suite or apartment number, if applicable) on the ID match the last name and full address on the package.
  • Option 2: Present a government-issued photo ID where the last name matches the last name on the package. If the address on the ID doesn't match the address on the package, please bring proof of residency that matches the address on the package--for example, a current utility bill.
  • Option 3: Present a government-issued photo ID where the full address or name on the ID matches the full address or name on the package. If the last name or full address doesn't match, you will need to provide the package tracking number to the UPS Access Point representative.
  • Option 4: Present a government-issued photo ID and your shipper-provided package release code (if required).*
1.gif

1.gif
Cool deal. So it sounds like my ID, a utility bill and/or my shipping details should be good enough.

BlueDragon22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2015
Cleveland, OH
I'm planning on going to CC. I'd like to get it as early as possible and *hopefully* beat the activation rush if all goes well.

Plus, maybe I'll stop at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks to make getting up early on my day off worth it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.