Poll- (ALL Carriers) Will you pick it up or have it delivered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LLL1424, Sep 22, 2015.

?

Will you wait for UPS to deliver the new iPhone to your door or pick it up at a UPS/FedEx CC

1. UPS/Fedex Customer Center Pick-up

47.9%
  2. I'm waiting for it to get to my door!!

52.1%
  1. LLL1424 Contributor

LLL1424

With September 25 getting closer,

I was wondering if more people will be picking up phones at customer service centers from UPS or FedEx or doing it the old classic way and waiting for it to be delivered to your door. Weigh in!!! I'm personally going to pick it up at 8am on Friday even though I'm scared to do so! We shall see!

2. LLL1424 thread starter Contributor

LLL1424

Update : just made the confirmation to have it held at the ups location in Landover md. Called and verified and it will be there at 8am on the 25 :)

3. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I have to have it delivered as Im not the account holder for ATT so the package wasnt shipped in my name =(

4. cc00lltt00nn macrumors member

cc00lltt00nn

Picking up at my local UPS CC at 8am on Friday (confirmed).

5. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Taking the day off and having it delivered to my house. My bf is taking the day off too and we'll be hanging out and gaming until the happy moment arrives.

6. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

Goals

7. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I can't have it delivered, since I will be speaking at a speculative fiction convention around the time when the UPS guy would be coming to my house, so I will just go pick it up early in the day.

8. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

Wow, lots more people picking up than I thought. I wonder if there will be long lines at the UPS centers. Oh well, maybe my UPS dude will arrive on time if he doesn't have to deliver as many.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

He'll probably run over some of the line-waiters on the way out and will have his truck impounded for two days. :D

10. crazyeyes macrumors regular

I am going to pick mine up at the customer center on friday morning.

11. flur macrumors 68000

Picking up at my local UPS store, not the CC. CC is too much of a pain in the butt. :)

12. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

haha that'd be my luck. All the packages would be marked as "evidence" and couldn't be released till after the trial. o_O

13. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

undecided.... contemplating picking it up... then I get to go to starbucks, too!

if I pick it up, I should be able to get it between 8:30 and 9.... if I wait I won't get it til around noon... and that three hours would be a horrible long wait! haha!

it's about 25-30 min to where I'd have to pick it up from... if I pick it up I'd have it set up. restored and using it by the time he drives by my house!

14. LLL1424 thread starter Contributor

LLL1424

I'm surprised how many folks are going to UPS Customer Centers as well. I hope not to deal with a huge line but it's better than waiting all day for the driver to get to my door.

15. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

In in a strange situation (well maybe not that strange).

My ID has a different address than my shipping address since we moved and I didn't think it prudent to pay a fee to have that changed.

My apartment has an office where all packages are dropped off and signed for and then emails are dispatched for residents to come get them. My concern is ups won't leave it with the management (ups has before but I've not had experience with iPhones and I'm told it can be hit and miss)

I'm not terribly worried. I guess I'll wait and see if they drop off Friday. If not, I'll have to see what my options are.

16. philbo7 macrumors regular

philbo7

I'll be consolidating my computer work for Friday and working from home. However I will have to be disciplined to get anything done. Anytime I hear a pin drop I'll be rushing to the screen door (leaving the main door open).

17. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I'll be outside your house, then.

[​IMG]

18. philbo7 macrumors regular

philbo7

Hee, hee, I'll definitely get my exercise on Friday...

19. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Picking mines up. UPS takes forever to deliver to my house, they get here around 8:30pm. Last year when I picked up my 6 there was a little line and I waited for about 15-20 min. Much rather wait in line than wait all day at home.

20. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

I will be picking it up at some point throughout the day. I have to leave the house around noon and I don't want to take that chance and miss the delivery.

21. LLL1424 thread starter Contributor

LLL1424

I'll save you some headache and copy and pasted some information from the ups site. You'll be fine but just bring extra information.

• Option 1: Present a government-issued photo ID where the last name and full address (including the suite or apartment number, if applicable) on the ID match the last name and full address on the package.
    • Option 2: Present a government-issued photo ID where the last name matches the last name on the package. If the address on the ID doesn't match the address on the package, please bring proof of residency that matches the address on the package--for example, a current utility bill.
    • Option 3: Present a government-issued photo ID where the full address or name on the ID matches the full address or name on the package. If the last name or full address doesn't match, you will need to provide the package tracking number to the UPS Access Point representative.
    • Option 4: Present a government-issued photo ID and your shipper-provided package release code (if required).*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Picking mine up from a UPS Store near my work since no one will be home during the day to sign for it.

23. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502

AppleChic76

Accurate.

I'm going to the UPS Store a couple miles from the house.

24. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Cool deal. So it sounds like my ID, a utility bill and/or my shipping details should be good enough.

25. BlueDragon22 macrumors 6502

BlueDragon22

I'm planning on going to CC. I'd like to get it as early as possible and *hopefully* beat the activation rush if all goes well.

Plus, maybe I'll stop at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks to make getting up early on my day off worth it!