Poll: Amount of Mac Hardware Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dingdongbubble, Aug 13, 2007.

?

How many Hardware Problems have you had which require professional repairs?

1. Never

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Once in two years

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Once in a Year

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Twice a Year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More than that!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. An Unholy Amount like Windows Software Problems.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Hi I want to carry out a poll for how many people get hardware problems like logic board failures and stuff which need to get repaired.

2. hopejr macrumors 6502

3. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

I said once a year – have had two macs and both crapped out between year 1-2. First an old iMac that needed a new motherboard – very expensive. The 2nd was an iBook that had a dead HD only cost E100 to repair and I doubled the HD size with the replacement so I didn't mind it too much.

4. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

I bought my first Mac SE 20 in the 80s. I've been hooked on Macs ever since and luckily they've built them in such a way that allows us to easily install add-ons like hard drives, ram, misc. cards, cpu upgrades, etc.

The only serious problem I've ever had was when Apple didn't include the correct system disks with my 867 Quicksilver. It was murder trying to troubleshoot that.

Oh yeah, I forgot my 867 cd/dvd burner broke after about 3-4 years. That was a bitch too.

5. Grasbak macrumors 6502

My iMac G5 (iSight) broke after a few weeks (from new) - had a faulty fan which blew the logic board. Was fixed up and been fine ever since. I was fortunate to have an authorised apple reseller within walking distance from my house! Made life a lot easier!