Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Do you go naked with your iPhone 5/5s?

• iPhone 5: Yes, go naked

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • iPhone 5S: Yes, go naked

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • iPhone 5: No, I use a case/bumper

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • iPhone 5S: No, I use a case/bumper

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • iPhone 5: Occasionally switch between the naked/covered

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • iPhone 5S: Occasionally switch between the naked/covered

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Hi guys,

Just wondering how many of you guys have decided to go naked with your iPhone 5 or 5S.

Is the 5/5S durable enough to withstand general use?

I personally don't like covering up my phone with a case because it hides the design of the phone and haven't discovered any significantly noticeable damage to my iPhone 4. Would like to know people's opinions on the 5/5S.

Thanks! ;)

Lux12

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Hi guys,

Just wondering how many of you guys have decided to go naked with your iPhone 5 or 5S.

Is the 5/5S durable enough to withstand general use?

I personally don't like covering up my phone with a case because it hides the design of the phone and haven't discovered any significantly noticeable damage to my iPhone 4. Would like to know people's opinions on the 5/5S.

Thanks! ;)

For a very expensive phone i need to have a case on mine especially if you don't handle your stuff with care. I for one do take care of my stuff but i also make mistakes like dropping and scratching, luckily it hasn't happened yet ever since i bought my phone. I have the gold iPhone 5s and as much as i want to show off the gold i have to put a case over it. I would rather cover up the phone than get it scratched or scuffed up and worse, to drop it. I really don't want to risk a $700+ phone. I have the brown iPhone 5s leather case and it looks very nice so i don't really mind covering up the gold. All in all it depends on the user and how they handle their stuff.

Matt.Simmons

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2011
Michigan
I've had my naked since I got it 3 days ago. Just dropped it and put a wicked ding along the edge. I suppose I'll be going to a case now...

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I've had my naked since I got it 3 days ago. Just dropped it and put a wicked ding along the edge. I suppose I'll be going to a case now...

What were you doing when you dropped it? I've always wanted to compile scenarios to find a common cause.

Matt.Simmons

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2011
Michigan
What were you doing when you dropped it? I've always wanted to compile scenarios to find a common cause.

I turned on a light switch and it slipped right out of my hand. Hit the floor took a weird bounce and bumped into our kitchen chair. It put two dings into the metal edge. One on the bottom and one along the front of the phone. Last night I was pissed but today it doesn't seem so bad lol. If that had happened to my ip5 that black finish would have been all scuffed up so I suppose they have improved the durability slightly.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I turned on a light switch and it slipped right out of my hand. Hit the floor took a weird bounce and bumped into our kitchen chair. It put two dings into the metal edge. One on the bottom and one along the front of the phone. Last night I was pissed but today it doesn't seem so bad lol. If that had happened to my ip5 that black finish would have been all scuffed up so I suppose they have improved the durability slightly.

Ah ok. Never use the hand that's holding the iPhone for anything but the iPhone when going naked. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.