[POLL] Apple TV + VIZIO TVs

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jimmyco2008, Jun 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Vizio + Apple TV = ?

1. Everything works except turning OFF the TV when Apple TV sleeps

33.3%
  2. Everything works except turning ON the TV when Apple TV is activated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Everything works!

60.0%
  4. Nothing works!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More things used to work at first, and now they don't (specify reason, such as fw update)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fewer things worked at first, and now more things work (specify reason, ie fw update)

6.7%
  7. Other (let us know!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jimmyco2008, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016

jimmyco2008 macrumors regular

It's been several months since the last thread about Apple TV + TV CEC woes, and I'm wondering if things have gotten any better.

I have a 2016 Vizio D50u-D1 that has the same basic issue as most Vizio TVs with issues- everything CEC works except for turning off the TV when the Apple TV sleeps. Please chime in if you use your Apple TV paired with a Vizio TV, and let us know if you're still having issues, never had issues, or your issues were fixed (and how they were fixed).

EDIT: if you vote on the poll, it'd be cool if you also posted your TV model (as well as what you voted for). Thanks!

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I have my VIZIO set to POWER OFF when NO SIGNAL for 10 minutes. Works ok for me.

3. jimmyco2008 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it's the next-best thing. The Vizio support person I spoke with said it was designed as such. I asked that he pass on to whomever that it'd be great to have a setting for allowing CEC to turn off the TV (as I believe some other manufacturers' TVs have), for what it's worth.

4. satcomer, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That's really great here that you spoke with the Vizio Support! Hope enough users ask them about this!

5. perryalekna10 macrumors newbie

perryalekna10

As of September 29th, my visio M50-C1 received a firmware update and works "properly" now. Previously, could only turn tv on. Now it turns it on and off. I only use Apple TV Remote and all content runs through Apple TV (using Channels and HDHomeRun).

I still have to switch to smart tv features for amazon prime... airplay doesn't work for me in that app. But I really just don't watch prime video anymore.

6. getrealbro macrumors regular

Vizio M322i-B1 & ATV4 (tvOS 9)— both the hardware remote and the Apple TV Remote app turn the TV ON and OFF when I “long press” the home key then select sleep. But changing the volume requires the hardware remote IR blaster.

—GetRealBro