(Poll) Are you getting AppleCare+ on your iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geoff5093, Sep 15, 2016.

?

Are you getting AppleCare+ on your iPhone 7?

1. Yes (By Choice)

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Yes (Required with device payments / AUP)

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. No (Going with another service)

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. No (I take my chances)

29 vote(s)
    35.4%
  1. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I went with the Apple Upgrade Program so I had no choice, but I do like the peace of mind knowing if I drop and crack my phone it's only another $29 to replace the display, and if it gets completely destroyed it's only $99 to replace. What about the rest of you?

2. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Going to when I get it in, always wait until after I get it so I have a reason to go to the Apple Store....wife still hasn't caught on:D

3. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I've never purchased AppleCare on my phones but I think I might for the JB 7+ that will ship hopefully sometime this year.

Still undecided as of now.

4. Apple2zcore macrumors member

Apple2zcore

i have been thinking about it. I have the verizon insurance b/c of the theft and loss protection, but applecare would be easier if i crack the screen ($29 vs $200 with verizon).

Cracking the screen is the big one b/c if it is water damage the cost of the apple care + with the cost of the 99$ deductible would be the same amount as the verizon copay. and i wont' get rid of the verizon insurance due to the loss and theft aspect - i am a teacher and things have been known to "walk away" in the past.

on the fence, but leaning towards apple care just b/c of the added protection if i cracked my screen. i have 60 days from when i get it to decide for sure.

5. TiaSco08 macrumors member

TiaSco08

I'm undecided as well, but I'm getting the Jet Black, so I'm thinking about it. Does AppleCare replace phones with new phones or refurbished ones?

6. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

i'm undecided. I have insurance from my Jump! on T-Mobile but for reselling purposes- you know for the 7s, the AppleCare+ sounds like a better option.

7. HaydenWI macrumors member

No AppleCare here. AMEX provides me with a year of additional warranty coverage for manufacturer's defects, and I have yet to ever damage an iPhone. Even if I did manage to break a screen, it's only $129 to replace at Apple, which is the same as AppleCare + with the $29 deductible. So you only come out ahead once you've cracked your screen multiple times (or of course if you sustain other damage- I'm not concerned about that).

I understand some people just are harder on their phones, or have kids, etc... where it's a no brainer. Just not necessary in my case.

8. Nanotyrns macrumors 6502a

Nanotyrns

I go with the insurance from AT&T since it's only $6/month or so and it replaces my phone if lost/stolen but I'm considering adding Apple Care+ because fixing a cracked screen through Apple would be much less expensive.

9. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

I never buy Applecare for my phones because I trade my phone out every year.

However, when it comes to Macbook's and iMac's, I ALWAYS buy the Applecare. Great investment.

10. geoff5093 thread starter macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I wish I could go with the AUP without AppleCare. I thought it was great at first, but usually the worst case scenario for me is I crack my screen, which for one occurrence would still be cheaper out of pocket than Apple Care plus the deductible.

11. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Last year I decided to wing it and not to get applcare+. Dropped the phone and cracked the screen within the first week. Had Apple not given me a courtesy and added applecare plus, id be out $849.

12. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

UAG case and tempered glass screen protector is my insurance. But I literally just added AT&T insurance to my plan so that's good for me right now.

13. geoff5093 thread starter macrumors 68020

geoff5093

A cracked screen is a pretty easy repair I thought?

14. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Screen was cracked and the chassis was damaged. I had a case and a screen protector but the phone dropped on the edge onto concrete, which collapsed the frame and cracked the glass.

15. Geert76 macrumors 65816

purchased AC+ when I picked up my 7 at my local Apple Store, this morning.

I hate cases, totally ruins my user experience

16. Brewin26 macrumors newbie

How's Squaretrade match up? Been thinking of using that service on top of my carrier insurance.