Poll: Are you waiting for Leopard to buy an iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by colorspace, Sep 25, 2007.

?

If you are ACTUALLY in the market for an iMac/Mini in the next few months, will you:

Poll closed Oct 15, 2007.
  1. Buy it now with 10.4.x before 10.5 is released.

    22 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Buy it when 10.5 is included or there is a free upgrade.

    42 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. colorspace macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2005
    #1
    If you are in the market for a new rev iMac -- not theoretically, if you actually are planning to buy a machine in the next few months...

    I'm wondering if you:

    1. Will buy the iMac before 10.5 is released

    2. or Wait until it is included with the iMac or there is a free upgrade

    Thanks
     
  2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #2
    free or low cost upgrade?

    I am waiting until Leopard is announced and will be available to new purchasers either free or very low cost. I would rather have Tiger on my new Macs to start with.
     
  3. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

    Dimwhit

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2007
    #4
    I just received my iMac 8 days ago, so I didn't wait for Leopard. That's partly because I likely won't upgrade to leopard until a couple months have gone by.
     
  4. risc macrumors 68030

    risc

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #5
    I bought the first 24" iMac that turned up in my local store. I don't see the point of waiting... the longer I would have waited the less money I would have been able to sell my older iMac for.
     
  5. vansouza macrumors 68000

    vansouza

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2006
    Location:
    West Plains, MO USA Earth
    #6
    Delivered yesterday

    2.8 was delivered yesterday... the current OS is stable... I hope the new one is free at this stage or discounted... or not.:D
     
  6. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

    vendettabass

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2006
    Location:
    Seoul, South Korea
    #7
    I'll need to install Leopard on my MacBook anyway, so I'm getting mine next week, and a Leopard family license when it lands!
     
  7. HLdan macrumors 603

    HLdan

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    #8
    I received my new iMac on the 27th of August. So obviously I don't have Leopard. I prefer it this way because when Leopard is released I will buy it and have both Tiger and Leopard. Having Tiger as a backup since it's well seasoned is a plus in case Leopard has issues I can't work around right away.

    You can't buy the Intel version of Tiger separately so it's best to buy a Mac with it installed and buy Leopard when it arrives. :)
     
  8. vansouza macrumors 68000

    vansouza

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2006
    Location:
    West Plains, MO USA Earth
  9. Tyinturru macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    #10
    i'm planning to buy a refurb macbook pro, but i'm afraid that if i wait for the announcement, there won't be any available for a while. they've been off and on lately so i'm not sure. should i buy before the announcement and just pay the full price?
     
  10. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

    BlackMax

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2007
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #11
    I'll be purchasing an iMac 24" about a month after Leopard has been released.
     
  11. FreedomFighter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2007
    #12
    I am buying my imac now...... I have to purchase the family pack of leopard which has 5 licenses (I think) and I only have 3 apple computers at the moment so it is no skin of my nose and if i need to completely re-install the OS for whatever reason I have the disc there to do it
     

Share This Page