Poll: Are you waiting for Leopard to buy an iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by colorspace, Sep 25, 2007.

?

If you are ACTUALLY in the market for an iMac/Mini in the next few months, will you:

Poll closed Oct 15, 2007.
  1. Buy it now with 10.4.x before 10.5 is released.

22 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Buy it when 10.5 is included or there is a free upgrade.

42 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. colorspace macrumors 6502

If you are in the market for a new rev iMac -- not theoretically, if you actually are planning to buy a machine in the next few months...

I'm wondering if you:

1. Will buy the iMac before 10.5 is released

2. or Wait until it is included with the iMac or there is a free upgrade

Thanks

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

free or low cost upgrade?

I am waiting until Leopard is announced and will be available to new purchasers either free or very low cost. I would rather have Tiger on my new Macs to start with.

3. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I just received my iMac 8 days ago, so I didn't wait for Leopard. That's partly because I likely won't upgrade to leopard until a couple months have gone by.

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I bought the first 24" iMac that turned up in my local store. I don't see the point of waiting... the longer I would have waited the less money I would have been able to sell my older iMac for.

5. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Delivered yesterday

2.8 was delivered yesterday... the current OS is stable... I hope the new one is free at this stage or discounted... or not.:D

6. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

I'll need to install Leopard on my MacBook anyway, so I'm getting mine next week, and a Leopard family license when it lands!

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I received my new iMac on the 27th of August. So obviously I don't have Leopard. I prefer it this way because when Leopard is released I will buy it and have both Tiger and Leopard. Having Tiger as a backup since it's well seasoned is a plus in case Leopard has issues I can't work around right away.

You can't buy the Intel version of Tiger separately so it's best to buy a Mac with it installed and buy Leopard when it arrives. :)

8. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

9. Tyinturru macrumors newbie

i'm planning to buy a refurb macbook pro, but i'm afraid that if i wait for the announcement, there won't be any available for a while. they've been off and on lately so i'm not sure. should i buy before the announcement and just pay the full price?

10. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

I'll be purchasing an iMac 24" about a month after Leopard has been released.

11. FreedomFighter macrumors member

I am buying my imac now...... I have to purchase the family pack of leopard which has 5 licenses (I think) and I only have 3 apple computers at the moment so it is no skin of my nose and if i need to completely re-install the OS for whatever reason I have the disc there to do it