Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you worried about the lower resolution of the XR?

• Yes, because of that resolution, I will not buy it!

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • It's a concern, but not a deal-breaker - I'll still buy it!

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I'll wait to see it in the store before considering to buy it...

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • It's the same (or better) resolution as my current phone, I'll take it!

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Not worried about that - I'll buy it anyway

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Not upgrading this year

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I bought an XS/XS Max

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Other (or, this poll is horrible)

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Let's get some numbers on this! It's lower rez than other phones. But it's still retina! What do you think?

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
I came from an iPhone 8, and just upgraded to an iPhone XS. I thought the iPhone 8's screen was pretty good, but I'm amazed at the colour the OLED panel provides on the X/XS. I feel that once you go OLED its hard to go back, however, if you've always used LCD then I feel the XR's screen will be fine for most people.

NJHitmen

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
Poll has too many options, and some of the answers overlap. I'd select answers 2, 3, and 4: the resolution isn't a dealbreaker, given that it's the same as my 7. But I'll wait to see the thing before I make up my mind.

Reactions: moldy lunchbox

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Writing a poll is challenging; have too many choices and people complain. Have not enough choices and people complain they don't fit in anywhere! Oh the agony

SquireSCA

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I came from a Galaxy S9+, which along with the Note 9, arguably has the best screen that you can buy on a smartphone.

The XR screen doesn't bother me. While there is a difference, after a couple days, you simply don't notice it that much. I did prefer the screen on the XS Max, but I didn't prefer it an extra $400 worth... haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.