Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmanmatty

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
(x,y)
lilstewart92 said:
You don't know $h¡t about the Intel Mac. With that said, how can you say they are the worst if they aren't even released :confused: :rolleyes:

I HATE comments like these :mad:

No but I have co-oped for intel, and feel ashamed that our beloved Apple machines will use thier piece of $#!T processors. Or that any machine uses them for that matter.

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
macmanmatty said:
No but I have co-oped for intel, and feel ashamed that our beloved Apple machines will use thier piece of $#!T processors. Or that any machine uses them for that matter.

apparently they're good enough for steve jobs.

try looking at an intel chip without windows and without dells $#!TTY motherboards and other components connected to them. intel makes a lot of good products, dont be a fanboy.

Daedalus256

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Best: Powerbook 100: According to the Top 100 Gadgets of all time:

"[The Powerbook's] greatest and most lasting innovation was to move the keyboard toward the screen, leaving natural wrist rests up front, as well as providing an obvious place for a trackball." because before it's time, there wasn't such a thing. Apple really defined how to make a laptop

Best consumer product: iPod family because it really helped bring apple back into the spotlight

Worst: The frickin puck mouse that shipped with eMac G3s. Oh man what a pain

mrbigcdx

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2005
Best: OS X, a revolutionary operating system that breathed new life into some otherwise-obsolete machines. Anything before it seems like such an embarrassment... Pretty, fun, and functional, need I say more?

Worst: not to be cliche, but the puck mouse... -shivers-

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
So many products out there..... People need to realize its best product EVER, not best in the last 3 years.....

Best: Apple II (why hasn't this been said yet?), Mac OS, OS X, iMac....

Worst: single button mice

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
lilstewart92 said:
You don't know $h¡t about the Intel Mac. With that said, how can you say they are the worst if they aren't even released :confused: :rolleyes:

I HATE comments like these :mad:

Apple fanyboy alert!

I think he was joking... calm down.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
QCassidy352 said:
Worst: the 20th anniversary mac is a good choice.

Thats what I was thinking. Not actually a terrible machine, but the price tag was outrageous. They were trying to sell a collectible that had no nostalagia for most people.

The LC series was pretty bad too.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Best: I think the entire lineup is awesome at the moment (except that the PBs need a bit of extra kick, but they're still fantastic). and though i never used them, i think the initial imacs just looked really cool and were sort of the beginning for apple's leading in the design department.

Worst: I think the mighty mouse looks ugly...the scroll ball just looks strange.

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
Best

'The Hockey Puck Mouse'. This thing is the epitome of cool. I mean, look at it! It's like something out of a pretentious, 1940s Czheckoslovakian Sci-Fi movie... or something. I have three of them. I just started using one again with my B&W G3 after my PowerBook got stolen and I love it! The Apple Pro Mouse is annoying 'cause it won't register a click if you have anything caught under the 'shell' that prevents it from being fully depressed. Maybe I just have a superior palm to the rest of you, but I can't say I've ever used a more comfortable mouse than The Hockey Puck Mouse. And besides, could you imagine any other mouse being bundled with the G3 iMac?

The aluminium PowerBook keyboard. I can't stand 'real' keyboards now that I know how much easier typing can be.

The B&W G3. Easily upgradeable, incredibly sexy, came with a Hockey Puck Mouse ;).

Worst

GarageBand. It seems to have convinced leagues of uncreative people to mash together uncreative samples to produce uncreative music.

Logic Pro. They took the worst UI in the history of recording applications and made it prettier, but no more intuitive.

Sam0r

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Best: iBook G4. Best value for money, especially when I bought mine with an iPod with edu discount and got £100 back from apple :)

Worst: The Performa 630's. I had one running OS7 yonks ago, and it blew up in my face. Additionaly, the monitor farted every time I turned it on!

Oh, and I actually really liked the puck mice:)

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Best: Newton, Mac SE/30, PowerBook 2400c, PowerBook G3 "Pismo", Titanium PowerBook "2001" (DVI), OS X 10.3 "Panther", eMate, Hypercard, dual 2.0 G5 PowerMac, Final Cut Pro

Worst: Newton, puck mouse, Macintosh LC, Mac OS 7.5, OS X 10.0

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
true777 said:
Worst: Probably the eMate (for those who remember it -- idiotic idea all around), Mac Portable, and G3 all-in-one (education only; released 6 months before iMac -- shows just how crappy Macs would be without Ive.
OK I put this among my best. It never went anywhere, but it was pretty innovative at the time: first use of translucent plastics, extremely rugged, very lightweight, amazing battery life. It certainly could have been improved and it need more and better software, and I wouldn't say it was a computer "for the masses", but I thought it was kind of neat. I still think something like it would be a good form-factor for pre-high-school kids.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Best Bar None! is the Quicksilver. Heck these machine are still current 5 years later with an upgrade. Beautiful, Great styling, you can open it in 1 second and replace whatever. Its all been downhill after Quicksilver.

Worst i would say the first generation G5 iMac. Looks like crap to me, midplanes ,midplanes, midplanes, problems galore.......eeek! whoever would have thought that the log on screen from years ago would become a computer.:cool:

Mighty mouse though is giving that iMac a real run for worst product.:eek:

dhdave

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2001
NJ
true777 said:
Worst: Probably the eMate (for those who remember it -- idiotic idea all around), Mac Portable, and G3 all-in-one (education only; released 6 months before iMac -- shows just how crappy Macs would be without Ive. Basically the way iMacs would have looked if Jon Ive hadn't come along).

I personally think Apple would not exist today if Jonathan Ive hadn't joined.

It's truly ironic, then, that Jonathan Ive, who joined Apple in 1992, designed the eMate. From a design standpoint it is simply brilliant. See this link for a really good explanation of the eMate http://www.applefritter.com/node/4502

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Bibulous said:
Best - Titanium Powerbooks
Worst - Pages

Just from what I have purchased or used.

I hate Pages...Pathetic Word replacement IMO. Although Keynote 2 really isn't all that bad, and Pages would replace Publisher JUST FINE. They need two more programs IMO - a spreadsheet + a competitor to word. They've already got a good mail program built in the OS, and like I said, Pages can replace Publisher hands down.

plastique45

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2005
Best: The new iMac G5 20" with built-in iSight etc. AMAZING product.

Worst: Many contender, I'd say the PowerBook that kept on catching fire (which model was it again?): the iMac with it's 70% monitor failure rate, every mouse made by Apple since the puck, the Macintosh Portable & the 1st gen Mac mini, amazingly underpowered for the same price of an eMac (mini+keyboard/mouse + cheapest 17' CRT = more $$ than better equipped eMac??)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
the most popular on this thread: seems it's the ipod

but the best, actually, i have to agree since there were times in the past when i doubted the future of apple inc, but once ipod caught on i realized they would be around for a very long time

the worst: can't think of any

the most important: the apple II because it was the introduction to many of home computing for a whole generation of would be programmers and techie gearheads who would later go on to contribute to the field of computing and other high tech industries

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.