Poll: Cancelled watches

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ben_Dover, May 2, 2015.

1. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

How many of you or people you know had already cancelled their orders? Why?
    Long processing times?
    Lost interest?
    Purchasing something else?
    Negative reviews?
    Wait for version 2?
    Other reasons?
    I'm just curious.

2. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

No one I know has Cancelled any of their orders
    Not. A. One.

In fact, four people have ordered an additional one.

3. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

From browsing these threads thr last few weeks (which is no doubt a terrible sample) I'd estimate... 30% processing times, 40% had multiple orders and canned one, 20% lost interest/wait for v2, 10% negative reviews

4. Ben_Dover thread starter macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

Some of my friends and colleagues had cancelled their orders. I feel like cancelling too because shipments are moved to July. I have the tendency to impulse buy stuff but the wait is disappointing. I kept hoping for 2 weeks but now that I know for sure its not til July for my orders, I might cancel on Monday. I'll still wait for Monday. 2 watches certainly aren't a loss for apple. I might buy it sometime when store has abundant supplies. But if that's later this year, I'll wait for v2.

5. TickTockLad macrumors newbie

I cancelled a 42mm SS Black Classic Buckle (for delivery between 24/4 and 8/5) as I managed to pick up a 42mm SS Milanese at Dover Street Market in London (they didn't have a BCB when I got there). I'm very happy with the Milanese - it was my close 2nd choice anyway. Therefore I'm happy I've freed up a space in the queue for someone else. :)

6. grenhall macrumors regular

When did you pick up the Milanese from DSM?

7. TickTockLad macrumors newbie

Last Monday lunchtime. I had made a telephone appointment the previous Friday

8. grenhall macrumors regular

Oh okay. Well I was just curios if they have the SS Milanese in stock.

9. TickTockLad macrumors newbie

They had received more stock on that Monday morning. They said they were getting regular deliveries.

10. grenhall macrumors regular

Okay. I have one on order from the Apple Store so I'll wait for that instead. I'll be getting a 42AWSWSB on Wednesday so it's no hurry. But thanks for your answers!

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I cancelled my order but not because of the long wait time or any negativity from the board, my original order was for the Stainless Steel black sport band 42mm ordered at 12:06am on 4/10. On April 28 I cancelled my order because I have yet to be convinced I need to own the watch.

By "convinced" I don't mean I need to be talked into buying it, I am an adult who can make rational decision but when the App Store went live for the Apple Watch nothing there convinced me I need this product at this point in time, nothing stood out and partly was because developers didn't know what to develop but still rushed to have something in the store just for the sake of having their app there.

I know Apple has plans to allow native apps on the watch later this year and I'm sure they will talk about it at WWDC in a month from now, so I decided to sit this one out for now. My office is full of first generation products (not just Apple) and I usually don't have a problem spending money on stuff like this because I enjoy watching a new gadget mature (with updates) but this one I feel like I have to give it some time.