Poll:COD4 PS3 vs UT3 (Online)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Soulstorm, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Well, I have to admit it. It had a lot of problems before, but it just keeps me playing online on and on. I also own Unreal Tournament 3, but I still play COD4.

I also notice that COD4 has better networking code.I haven't experienced any lag at all, even when I have one. Somehow, COD4 keeps running fast, even if you have 4 out of 5 bars full into your connection quality. Unreal Tournament 3, on the other hand keeps making the difference noticeable even with low lag.

What do you think?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Well... if you really are interested in the lag factor, I rarely experience problems with COD. When we played a match together online I somehow remember specifically that there was 0 lag. I haven't played UT3 online, but I love COD online. I'm not really sure what you are asking :eek:

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've had no real issues with lag on either.

This is a poll right?

4. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Yeah, it's some kind of a poll.

However, I should note:

The lag in Call of Duty is never 0. It just the way it is designed.

Lets just say that you have a lag of 500msecs (qhich is big) in both games. In COD4, that lag does not affect the response of the controls (like when you fire, or are running). However, the lag will affect your aiming, where you appear to have hit a target, but you don't see the target dead!

In UT3, the lag affects the controls. When you fire, the lag is noticeable there, even if you have the same lag with COD4. While UT3's approach on lag is better (what you see is what you get), I find COD to be more playable in cases with 80-100 msecs of lag. And my aiming is good on both cases. That's what I mean.

Also, I should not that COD4's online system is top-notch. The unlockables are a wonderful addition, and the quick match is ficed now. I rarely wait more than 30 seconds to find a game, no matter the game mode.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The thing is with Unreal Tournament for me, I get more enjoyment from multiplayer matches with bots, than with humans.

COD4 of course you don't have that luxury, but from the few games online I've played its been good fun.

I do with however ALL games with a multiplayer component would allow BOTS, as anyone without internet or interest in online gaming is basically paying full price for half a game these days.

Plus an offline game with bots allows you to practice your skills.