Poll: Coverflow... Do you use it on your iPod

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ErikCLDR, Feb 23, 2008.

?

Do you use Coverflow?

1. Yes, all the time, its a great way to find my songs

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. 1/2 the time Coverflow, 1/2 the time a menu system way

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Rarely, I find the menu system much more efficient

32 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Just a little poll here for people with iPods with coverflow. Do you use coverflow on your iPod?

I personally do not, I think its easier just to view the songs by album, a lot more efficient, and it doesn't freeze up. Its a good idea and it looks cool, but I just don't find it functional. I also dislike the automatic coverflow on the iPod touch because its annoying when you accidentally turn it on and then you have to finagle it off. While driving if you take to sharp of a turn it also sticks the iPod into coverflow.

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I have a iPod touch and I use it when I want to listen to a album and when im showing off.

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that's exactly what I use it for-- to make my friends with older iPods jealous!

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I use it on occasion, but not often, it is much easier to find a song the other way, and I only really use coverflow when I am looking for the next song to listen to while already listening to a song, when I am not in a rush or anything.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

6. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Even though I don't have Coverflow on my iPod, I have used an iPod with it and I do not see the appeal. In my opinion, Coverflow is more of a novelty than anything. It may look cool and it may be a quick and easy way to show off your huge music collection to your friends, but it isn't all that useful in my opinion.

7. Solesk macrumors member

i personally listen to my music alphabetically. so coverflow screws that up and defaults you back to by album. so for me it's unusable. the only time i use it is to show off to friends.

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

The only time I ever use Coverflow is to show it off to someone who hasn't seen it or if I'm bored and want to just shuffle around through my music. My library is far too big to use Coverflow efficiently, going by artist name is most useful to me.

9. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

same, I have a playlist with all my favorite songs so I don't really use coverflow.

Chrisn

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

My sister has a new iPod nano, and I've used coverflow on it, and IMO it works pretty well.

But I don't listen to my music by album, or even by artist! I just go to the "songs" option and scroll my way through all of my music.

11. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

I use coverflow on my iPhone in the morning while I'm making the tea or coffee. Say some song starts up and I think yeah well I'm tired of that playlist already. Turn the iPhone sideways, coverflow kicks in and I can flip through and shift gears without having to prove to myself that I'm literate enough at 5:15am :eek: to read my playlist descriptions.. ;)

12. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

I've used CoverFlow even when it still was a standalone app, and I loved it. When they put it into iTunes, I used it all the time. Now that I have an iPod nano, I never use anything but CoverFlow.
    I'm a very visual person, and I live album artwork. Sometimes when I'm not sure what to listen to, I just go through my CDs and select one by album artwork. I never go wrong.

13. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Since I have a lot of songs but not always the full albums cover flow can be a bit annoying for me. I am a big fan of selecting shuffle from my song list and going from there.

14. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yes, thats what I do too!

Although, most of time I make playlists of songs I want to listen too (mostly the newer ones I recently downloaded... Uhh... I mean bought).

15. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

On a nano, no I dont use it much... But on my iPhone, it's my preferred method.

Im sure its just the eye candy aspect.. but who cares - it looks cool!