Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If you have Adobe CS3 are you upgrading to Snow Leopard?

• Yes definatly

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • I'll wait a while... but I expect I will.

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • I'll wait a while... but I expect I wont.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Simplesimon101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Just wondering what people were planning on doing (or have already done)

I think I'll wait a while before I decide... see if anything pops up.

Nitrocide

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2005
Bristol, UK
definite |ˈdefənit|
adjective
clearly stated or decided; not vague or doubtful : we had no definite plans.
• clearly true or real; unambiguous : no definite proof has emerged.
• [ predic. ] (of a person) certain or sure about something : you're very definite about that!
• clear or undeniable (used for emphasis) : video is a definite asset in the classroom.
• having exact and discernible physical limits or form.
DERIVATIVES
definiteness noun
ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: from Latin definitus ‘defined, set within limits,’ past participle of definire (see define ).
USAGE For an explanation of the difference between definite and definitive, see usage at definitive .

Nitrocide

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2005
Bristol, UK
Referring to "definitely" sp.

Please don't hate on me haha.

On topic, i generally think dont upgrade until its all compatible, unfortunately that may mean waiting until you can afford the cs4 upgrade.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I've already upgraded to Snow Leopard and have CS3. It works fine so far, although I've not had the chance to use it a great deal yet.

TenPoundMonkey

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
VA
everything I've tried in CS3 since upgrading to SL has worked fine...

95% Photoshop Illustrator and Indesign...

5% dreamweaver and AE.

BUT, just to be a sucker (and cover my bases) i got the CS4 upgrade and so far (3 days of full time work) it has been great- with the exception of 2 unexplained crashes of Illustrator when trying to paste objects between 2 windows.

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
well im still paranoid that when i upgrade to SL my CS3 wont work along with a bunch of other programs.

but it seems some of you people here don't have that problem. but i'll wait anyways to see some more solid details

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
Upgraded on launch. 17" 2.16 gHz CD MBP. Made a bootable copy of my HD just in case.

Only issues I have come across so far is InDesign and Photoshop take ~15 dock bounces to launch as well as all CS3 apps freezing for ~30 seconds when I print for the first time after launching.

overcast

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
CS3 works fine in SL. In fact, CS4 which is supposed to be "certified" was unusable in SL for me. Constant errors using the text tool or fonts. Switching back to CS3 and all works fine.

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
It works fine for me and I was brave enough to install SL in the middle of a rush/important job. :D

The two problems are one of the printers won't work and the one that works, Ai hangs for a good 30 second.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Just a little off topic:

Has anyone used CS2, specifically InDesign and PhotoShop with SnowLeopard?

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
No problems here either. In fact, the only thing holding me up is printer support. We print to a Fiery RIP and I just don't want to dork up our workflow.

Suitcase was just updated last week so font management is all set. After all that noise, I haven't had one problem with CS3...phew.

Phormic

macrumors regular
May 24, 2007
I decided to test things out on my Mac at home before upgrading at work just in case. Everything in CS3 appears to work in Snow Leopard just fine...for me anyway.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Cs 2

Anyone using CS 2?

I'm stuck with CS 2 on my G4 until some checks come in.

d4u2

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2009
Upgraded.. and going to downgrade

When I upgraded to Snow Leopard my Adobe Licences expired. I am going to wipe clean and downgrade and try again. I was using CS4 btw. Anyone else have similar problems? I suggest waiting a bit.

Joemero

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2009
I don't understand what the rush is to upgrade. AS if Leopard were such a bad OS.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Unless I decide to shell out for a new Mac in the next few months, I'll probably hold off on upgrading until Adobe decides to grace us with CS5's presence. And from what I hear, that could be as early as next spring.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
I know of some people using CS2 (although they haven't upgraded to Snow Leopard yet), but you're stuck with Leopard or older if you have a G4.

I'm with you on the cheque wait though. :(

I still have an eMac with 10.3 just for an old copy of PhotoShop7 and FinalCut 3.

I found out the hard way that PS7 wouldn't run under 10.5 after i updated my laptop and went out of town on a job and needed it... I had CS2 on a PC so I had not updated the laptop.

Looks like I'm going to have to drop some coin to get CS 3 or 4 for the "new" Macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.