Poll: Did the rate plans make or break your iphone decision?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jun 26, 2007.

?

Poll: Did the rate plans make or break your iphone decision?

Poll closed Jul 1, 2007.
  1. Now I want to buy (after seeing the rate plans)

35 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No, the rate plans turned me off

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. I was going to buy anyway

43 vote(s)
    45.3%
  4. I was NOT going to buy anyway

10 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Poll: Did the rate plans make or break your iphone decision? Vote now.

2. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

current customers get to keep their plan and just pay 20 bucks extra for the data plan. awesome news.

3. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

They make me more likely to want it, since the plans are actually decent. However, I just can't imagine switching to Cingular/AT&T because of their service in this area...

4. applehero macrumors 6502

5. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

Omfg

$20 measly dollars for adding UNLIMITED DATA AND EMAIL, UNLIMITED FOLKS!!! This makes my decision hardcore!! I WILL BE IN LINE FOR ONE OF THOSE PUPPIES!! IM GONNA CUDDLE WITH IT!!

6. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Is it $20 extra per phone on the plan? Like, say my mom has a standard Nokia and I have an iPhone, would that be $20 extra or $40 extra?

7. dagomike macrumors 65816

Has current ATT contracts been explicitly addressed? It just say if you're a current customer and want to use your current plan, you add $20. It seems vague whether that means both those paying month-to-month and those under contract.

8. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was hoping that the price may keep the lines down on Friday, but it seems it might actually bring more people..shucks lol

9. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I'm sure you can get the deal . . . just a question of whether you have to renew your contract.

10. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

For one iPhone, presumably just $20 extra.

11. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Okay. Good. I'm sold then. :)

12. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seems like no one is really complaining that they dont' want data...i hope the lines dont get too crazy

13. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

Indeed, I already pay $5/mo for 200txts, so $15/mo more for unlimited data is great. The only thing left is whether or not it supports tethering to my macbook.

14. Matteh117 macrumors regular

I'm in the UK so a long wait still, but this has really put me off when I think about converting the prices..

No idea how it's going to work over here, but 2 year contracts you don't really find so that means the price of the phone would go up, plus what service provider? What discounts?

I pay the same price for my K800i per month on a 1 year contract (no data - which is a must for the iPhone I guess) and without any other prices at all, so the iPhone is quite a jump now. :(

15. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

i hope it supports tethering via blue tooth, but i guess at edge speed, u might as well use the built in safari

16. iPwn macrumors newbie

Ok now I'm fine with the iphone again

17. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

I think, since I spilled water on my phone two weeks ago and got a Motorola MING, I'll just wait threeish years for the iPhone to have 50 gig memory sticks in it like it should.

It's just not worth it. 500 dollars for 6 gigsish? Ha! I don't care how killer the phone is.

Plus I haven't seen iChat in it yet.

18. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Yeah, the jump to Europe is going to be very difficult for Apple. A lot of Europeans use top up cards or pay as you go plans. Locking into a two year contract simply isn't common at all.

I'm a very light cell phone user and have Virgin Mobile as my provider. I spend $60 per YEAR for the service and still have plenty of minutes left over. I text almost as much as I talk.

However, I take my 12" PB with me a lot and am a pretty heavy wifi user. Since many places have free wifi, it's a great deal. The issue for me is that the PB isn't always convenient to lug around. The iPhone would be ideal for updating my blog, etc, while I'm on the go. But I simply can't see paying $60 a month in addition to the $75 I pay for home internet/phone, etc.

They'll need to have a pay as you go plan for me to join up. The cost at this point in time is simply too extravagant to even consider it.