[Poll] Did you buy a 6S or 6S Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silverblack, Sep 28, 2015.

?

Did you buy a 6S or 6S Plus?

1. I got the 4.7" 6S

58 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. I went for the 5.5" 6S Plus

107 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

People are noticing that the 6S plus was largely still out of stock, when the 6S seems to be available for walk-ins purchase. So this begs the question, are there really more people buy the 6S PLUS? or it was just that Apple ordered too much 6S stock?

Let's find out...

If you have a 6/6+, please comment whether you switched sizes, or stayed with the same.

2. BlueDragon22 macrumors 6502

BlueDragon22

I went with a 6s plus, but I like bigger screens. I came from a Droid that had a 5.2in screen, so it would've been dumb for me to move down to a 4.7

I think the + is more popular this year. More people are realizing how much better a bigger screen is to watch movies, read articles, etc. Plus (no pun intended), the + has a better camera and slightly better battery life which won a lot of people over.

3. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I switched from a Windows Phone(had it for 2 years) back to an iPhone. I went with the 6s Plus 128GB. My wife is upgrading from a 5s silver to a gold 6s plus.

4. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

Last year I didn't want to go into a Plus right away from my 5S. So I did baby steps. Bought a 6 last year at launch. And now this year went to a Plus. Best decision of my life. The Plus just feels and looks right. And I'm sure it's a lot more popular with Apple users.

5. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

I feel like I've been posting this everywhere but....went from a 6 to a 6S Plus.

It's the iPhone I've always wanted, and I've had an iPhone since the 3G.

6. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

This poll won't be very illuminating considering the makeup of the polling sample that you're going to be targeting here.

7. redman042 macrumors 68020

I've seen a lot of Pluses out in the wild over the last year. I am not sure we'll ever know the ratio but it's pretty high. Wouldn't surprise me if quite a few folks who couldn't bring themselves to take the leap with the huge phone last year are now giving it a go.

8. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I spoke to reps at the two closest Verizon corporate stores. Each one received two, TWO 6S Plus phones total on launch day vs nearly 200 regular 6S phones. They each received another order today in which there were plenty of regular 6S variants and zero plus. So while I am certain there is plenty of demand for the larger size......they cannot be found because Apple has released few.

9. silverblack, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

silverblack thread starter macrumors 68030

silverblack

I see where you are coming from, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusion yet. Check out my last poll, with 600+ votes, including members' colour preference. While the exact distribution may be slightly different than real world, I am rather confident that the ranking should be accurate: Grey > Rose Gold > Silver > Gold.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/poll-which-color-and-size-of-6s-s-did-you-order.1915300/

Now, let me tell you that, based on my observation, the above ranking was already showing after 20 votes. Hence, I wouldn't be surprised that the Plus models were indeed more popular this year.

As of 2:49 pm EST September 28, there are about 40 votes showing a 30% / 70% split between the 6S and 6S+. Dare to bet that it will stay the same more or less?

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I went from 6 Plus to 6S Plus. I can't see my self going smaller once I hold a 5.5" phone.

11. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

The AT&T store I bought my 6s Plus from I think was saying they only had a few as well and a boatload of regulars

12. silverblack thread starter macrumors 68030

silverblack

If this poll is accurate, Apple may have well depleted their initial order of Plus models through online orders. This explained why they only have the 4.7 model to give to carriers, which are always kind of second class citizens to Apple.

13. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I went from the 6 Plus to the 6S Plus. I debated on getting the smaller 6S but I love too much about the larger phone.

14. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

That could very well be. But in and of itself, these polls can be misleading. I have seen polls where the regular blows away the plus on one blog site, and the exact opposite on the next. One thing cannot be denied and that is the 5.5" has by far exceeded Apple's greatest expectations. Ol Mr. Jobs, Mr. "3.5 inches is the perfect screen size for a phone" must be rolling in his grave lol.

15. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

The iPhone use evolved over time. With the evolution in its use, which is now more web and media centric, came along the evolution in the form factor. It also took time for technology to evolve so as to enable and to support the new ways in which we use our mobile computing and communications devices (aka smartphones).

16. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I went from 5S to 6S+

I would've preferred the smaller model, but wanted image stabilization.

17. silverblack thread starter macrumors 68030

silverblack

I want OIS too, but i don't use it enough to give up the compactness of my 6S.

18. Mr.C macrumors 601

I very much doubt that was the reason considering large Android and Windows based phones have been available for quite sometime. This is just Apple catching up to a market that was already there and where other manufacturers were already offering what consumers were demanding. It's Apple responding to this competition as if they had not they would have in all likely hood seen a decline in market share in the long term.

19. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

20. 7roca7 macrumors member

7roca7

KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has issued a note to investors that claims the iPhone 6s Plus is facing supply shortages amid pre-orders due to backlight module production issues at Japanese supplier Minebea.

Kuo says that Apple is looking to resolve the problem by transferring backlight module orders to alternative supplier Radiant. The supplier will see its orders increase by 70-80% to 4-5 million units in September.We believe Minebea’s (JP) backlight module production issues in supplying iPhone 6S Plus (6S Plus) is one of the main factors in the model’s supply shortage. To tackle this issue, we believe Apple (US) has been increasingly transferring high-ASP 6S Plus backlight module orders to Radiant (6176 TT, NT$106.5, OP), boosting its sales momentum.

21. CEmajr macrumors 601

I was so frustrated with the performance of the 6 Plus that I had indeed decided to switch to the smaller form this time just ensure I got the maximum speed available on iPhone. But when it was my turn to go inside the Apple Store on the Friday the guy who took my reservation had me down for a 6s Plus instead of the 6s like I told him. They then said I could take the Plus or go to the back of the line to set another reservation. So no way I was going home empty handed.

I figured I'd just keep the Plus for now and exchange it for the 6s later. However the performance of it has blown me away so it's looking pretty likely that I'll keep the Plus.

22. faded03cobra macrumors regular

23. silverblack thread starter macrumors 68030

silverblack

Looks like you are destined to have a Plus. After all, the lagging issue is no longer there according to most owners reported on this forum. Some still think it's there but I supposed it's all relative. Enjoy your 6s+.