Poll - Did your macbook air screen get white lines?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Margoz, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Margoz, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

Margoz macrumors newbie

I consider buying a macbook air but due to the previous posts about a possible flaw in the design which cause white lines on the screen when carying it around - the primary goal of a laptop (not mention it's an ultrabook), I am a bit hesitating.
    So, did it happen to you?
    I see no point of buying a latop which I won't be able to carry out with me in a bag with other stuff.

2. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

No poll and also, do you have any images to back up what you are asking?

4. YosemiteSam81 macrumors member

YosemiteSam81

I must say that I have only seen a few posts regarding this problem. I think it is important to remember that message boards are not the best place to judge if a manufacturing defect exists because the great majority of people that come here do it because they have issues that need addressed. For every person posting a problem there are dozens more that have no issue whatsoever.

I have no white lines on my Air screen and nobody I know that has a MBA has this issue. I wouldn't worry about it!

5. minnus macrumors 6502

6. AppleFanBoy888 macrumors member

7. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

No. I have no issues with the display on my MBA 13"

8. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Yep, and I'm pretty meticulous about how I pad and carry mine in a backpack (inside another case). I never had that problem with my MacBook Pro using a weaker case and the same backpack, FWIW.

(edit, picture of my problem if your curious: thread.)

(edit 2: missed the thread you posted in, didn't realize you were talking about light bleed lines. Sorry for missing that, I don't seem to have those, once again FWIW, assuming that I have similar pressures that caused the micro-scratches on mine from the keyboard.)

9. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I don't have white lines too.

10. iVineet macrumors newbie

11. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

12. gentlefury macrumors 68030

13. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

Nothing here on any of the 3 Airs I've owned.

14. aashi macrumors newbie

My MacBook Air (Mac OS X Version 10.6.8) starting showing three white lines on the display screen yesterday. It is a couple of years old. I ran the Apple Hardware Test and error code 4SNS/1/40000001:VPOR-6.633 was reported. What does this error code mean? What is the problem with my mac and can I fix it myself. Also, I am based in India, not the US and Apple help is not so easily available in my city, so I would like to fix it myself if I can. Please advice, thanks.

15. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Didn't get white lines, but did get tiny scuffs in the panel from carrying the 11" Air in a backpack without a keyboard/screen protector.

I'd recommend looking into a screen protector such as Radtech's Screensavr if you carry your Air around with you a lot.