Poll: Do you use pirated/cracked apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Oct 4, 2008.

?

Do you use pirated/cracked apps?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. No, it's immoral

32 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. I would if I knew how

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I just started doing it today, and I think it's just great and it works perfectly. Do you do it?

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

my boyfriend an I share apps with each other.

3. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

What is with the "it's immoral" part?
    There are other reasons not to use pirate apps for the iPhone other than the morality.

4. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Like what? Oh yeah, it's illegal too, right?

5. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

stability. Some of the apps tend to lag/crash more than the non-cracked ones

Don't know how/don't bother to. Like your third reason..most people don't want to go through the whole tedious process of jailbreaking, ssh-ing, installing mobileinstallation, search for cracked apps, etc..

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, I don't. To me, it is the same as stealing.

7. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

I would if i knew how... If it involves jailbraking then i wouldnt do it. If i dont have to jailbrake... TELL ME HOW NOW!!!

8. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Jailbreaking is not that of a big deal you know, I have been doing it since 1.0.2 and no problems whatsoever. You should try.

9. snook911 macrumors 6502a

ok I used to be just like you. Me jailbreak, never. But jailbreaking is now alot easier and safer then it used to be. I used quickpwn and it was so easy. The customization available to jailbroke iPhones should be available to everyone. Intelliscreen is awesome. I have different signal bar a rainbow colored wi fi indicator and themes are great. Not to mention a five icon dock and using any picture as a background. You don't have to use ssh to get jailbroke apps. You download them right from cydia to your phone just like the app store. I think it's great.

10. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

It's a great way to try out new apps, but I only use it all of the time for Fring and Netshare. I'd use it for Beejive IM before paying for it too. I use Palringo instead though. I've spent about 300 bucks on apps. :eek:

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not yet, but I'm worried about their stability and compatibility with my iPhone. I'll just wait until App Store pick it up. Immoral? The only thing immoral, is my wardrobe...:cool: