Poll: Do you want a camera on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bytor65, Feb 23, 2010.

?

Do you want a camera on iPad?

1. Yes: Must have, will affect buying decision.

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Yes: Would like, but will not affect buying decision

46 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. No: Don't want a built in camera at all.

26 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. Bytor65 macrumors 6502a

Just curious about what part of the market considers this an important feature.

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yes, it's a must-have for me. Even though I'll buy the first iPad (because, according to some here, I'm a sucker), but if they come out with a front-facing camera next year, I'm upgrading pronto!

I'm deaf, and use relay service. Currently, when I'm on the go, I use text relay service. But with the iPad (with camera), I could make calls with video relay service. That is just too awesome for words!

And chatting with friends too!

The iPad is gonna be big in the deaf community if they incorporate a camera.

3. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I would like a camera, well that's not true, I wouldn't mind a camera. I only iChat with one person and other than that have NEVER used it for video chatting. I won't miss it if it's not included. Even if it had a back-facing camera, I doubt it would be much better than the average cell phone camera so I'm not sure how it's more convenient in that respect.
    To me it just seems like one of those things that allows people to complain about a missing feature but probably isn't that big of a thing to miss. (Kind of like FM tuner... it's just a feature that is a "standard" on most portable devices so it should be there).

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I use Skype on daily basis, so camera is pretty much a must. But, I'll be buying an iPad as it is and then "upgrading" later to the model I would like to have bought the first time.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

No, do not want a camera on the iPad at all. I don't want a camera in anything that does not have a sole purpose of being a camera. It's just one thing that I'll never use but will have to be constantly aware of so as to not smudge it.

6. chuongster macrumors newbie

it would be nice to have a webcam for live chat with friends.

7. anthorumor macrumors 6502a

well considering all the hard evidence that the iPad was going to have a camera, and then not, is alittle dissapointing. Seems like Apple pulled it out in the last minute. I hope it does appear in revision 2 and it would be a nice surprise to all if the ones that come out in March has one. Didnt SJ compare the iPad to the netbooks and yet I haven't seen a netbook without a camera.

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Would I like one? Sure.

Do I need one? No.

Will it affect my buying decision? No.

A camera would be a nice addition but it isn't needed in my opinion and I don't need it as I have my iPhone plus I usually have my normal camera in my car.

I wouldn't say no to it though :p

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Ignorant poll/question because it doesn't discriminate between camera types. Is it about a rear facing camera to take photos with or a front facing camera for video chat or both and should be cameras?:confused:

10. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Nope, don't need or want a camera on the iPad. If I want to do video chat, I'll use my webcam, thanks.

As ravenvii pointed out, it might be good to have one for people who can't hear, so maybe it will be good if a future iPad incorporates one, but I don't mind not having a camera on mine.

11. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I normally just tape of those cameras, but I'm sure there's some good use for it.

At least the back-facing camera on the iPhone is good for augmented reality.

12. dragonq macrumors newbie

A camera for snapping off pictures seems pretty pointless on something this big, especially these days when even cheap mobile phones have cameras built in.

I can understand why people who use Skype video regularly would probably want one, but as this does not affect me, I am completely indifferent to whether or not I have one. My MacBook Air has a camera which I have never used once, and I have been using it daily for twelve months now.