Poll-- DOES YOUR IPHONE 4 HAVE RECEPTION ISSUES When HELD?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by huz123, Jun 23, 2010.

?

Does your iPhone 4 have reception issues when held?

1. Yes--iPhone goes from good signal into "searching"/no signal when held :eek:

52 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. Possibly-- iPhone signal decreases by a few bars :o

49 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. Nope-- iPhone signal strength remains the same when iPhone held in hand :D

62 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. huz123 macrumors newbie

I think it would be a good idea to see how many of those with iPhone 4s already are having this issue.

2. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Depends on where I am. Places that were so bad and basically unusable but I *did* have signal, but call broke up so much that it didnt matter on my 3gs, goes Searching no signal on 4. Places where it was fair reception and only a few breakups and a rare dropped call, I goto 1 bar but the call stays real good (better than 3gs) considering.

3. huz123 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's pretty interesting. Is that the case all the time?

4. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

So far yes. I would say when it's good it's better than the previous iPhones but when it's bad, it's worse. At least I know how to minimize the issues if I start to have em.

5. huz123 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. huz123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, its looking like the issue may not be as widespread than first seems......

7. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Sometimes mine does it if I'm holding it. But I hold the phone to my ear with my pointer finger and thumb, so I'm not covering it and it's not an issue.

8. anitrajw macrumors regular

9. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I've held mine every way possible and not a single bar lost, also got a perfect screen. So I'm very happy and so far very impressed by the phone. It's a lot faster then my 3G on it's best day!

10. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

11. mysticbluebmw macrumors regular

Interestingly enough, when held in the 'death grip' position, the iPhone goes from FULL bars to searching. If on a call it decreases to one bar, and doesn't seem to impact the conversation. At one point, she said I was breaking up a bit, but I think I was accidentally covering the mic, since after she mentioned it, I was careful not to cover the mic and had no problems. I ordered the bumper with the phone on 06/15 but it just shipped from China today, so that will be a while!!!!

12. EddieA84 macrumors newbie

EddieA84

My signal does go down but never went to "no service". But I have to hold it tight on the bottom left side of the phone for it to happened. So far I'm very impress with the phone. :)

13. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Exactly what I was going to say.

I tested it every which way, and no problem with reception or the screen. I do have a proximity sensor issue, though.

14. huz123 thread starter macrumors newbie

It may just be a design fault with models made in a specific factory? Other faults in previous iPhones seem have some correlation with this.....(iPhone 3GS screen issues..)

15. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I have a serious issue with the i4 signal and also my Home Button wiggles.

I even tried the bumper and an iFrogz case, but I still lose bars and signal goes to searching in my house, in fact I had perfect 3G full bar connections with my 3GS but with the i4 no matter what I do I keep losing my signal. I was going to call Apple to see if they will replace once first before thinking of returning it, however with the small stock of i4's on hand that may not be an option :eek: