Poll: Favorite PC Manufacturer

Favorite PC MFG

• Total voters
C

CompUser

Original poster
I know we all love macs here, but what is your favorite PC brand?

This thread goes for both desktops and laptops.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
Dont Hurt Me said:
Alienware is missing.:rolleyes:
Yeah seriously. Alienware is the best. If I were ever gonna buy a PC it would be an Alienware with 4x Nvidia 7900GTX's in SLI mode! :cool:

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Alienware = Dell. So those who cry "OH NOES! ALI3NWAREZ NOT ON TEH LIST!!!1" can vote for Dell.

Me, for one, am boycotting this list for a REAL reason. I mean, no Falcon Northwest?!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Raven VII said:
Alienware = Dell. So those who cry "OH NOES! ALI3NWAREZ NOT ON TEH LIST!!!1" can vote for Dell.

Me, for one, am boycotting this list for a REAL reason. I mean, no Falcon Northwest?!
Falcon Northwest, Alienware, and Asus should be added. Hell, even add Shuttle. They make PCs as well as cases, no? And they'd be one of the big guns in Asia, which makes up a large chunk of the world, if my geography teacher was correct. ;)

Anyway, I'll see if the poll choices are added to, and if not, I'll just go with Sony. They may not last as long as IBM and Lenovo laptops, but they balance looks and performance.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
iBookG4user said:
I choose sony because it's the only computer that I've had that has never had a problem with.
Hmm actually I do like Sony, my T2XP is my favourite thing in the world, but Dell's are just so configurable and the range is so massive that there's almost something for any requirement. They also give whopping business discounts when pushed.

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
IBM/Lenovo. Right now I'm on a 7 year old ThinkPad T20 that I got for free, and it's been dropped a few times and it still runs perfectly. No dead pixels, really small for a PC laptop (1.4 inches - small for a pc laptop even in 2006!) and the only problem that I have with it is that it's not a Mac. It runs Windows more reliably than any other Windows computer I've ever used. Too bad I'm to cheap to buy a new battery (the current one lasts for 47 minutes)... I'd rather save for a MacBook! :D

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Apple! ie. none of the above...

I wouldn't use any machine from any of those options (or anybody else) even if I got it for free... H***, I wouldn't even use them (privately) if I got paid moderately to do so...

Windows is not an option and most *nixes are just too fiddly...

Still missing Amiga on the list, though...

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
Apple is my favorite Personal Computer brand.

But if we're talking Non-Apple...I'd have to go with HP, though I don't know about their current machines. But older HP stuff (Especially the 100/200LX palmtop) is pretty good, IMO, and I love their printers.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I voted "other"...

I always thought that one of the strengths of the PC was the ability to build one yourself or to have a "boutique" OEM like Flacon Northwest put one together to your specs.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Skeeball236 said:
Joke or serious? Isn't this the company that puts desktop components into notebooks and makes 10 lb behemoths that run at a million degrees and have a battery life of nine minnutes? :rolleyes: Or do I have them confused with someone else?

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
I'll vote other because:

1) I like Apple (laptops).

2) If I had to get another desktop, I'd build it myself. I like me :D