Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Favourite exclusive colour released for iPhone Pro?

• Midnight Green (11 Pro)

• Pacific Blue (12 Pro)

• Sierra Blue (13 Pro)

• Alpine Green (13 Pro)

• Deep Purple (14 Pro)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
Just wanted to see which exclusive iPhone Pro colour is your favourite, as Apples done this trend of releasing an exclusive colour or two for the Pro iPhones. It’s usually a unique shade that’s then never seen again, but here are my thoughts on the two phones I’ve had:

Sierra Blue:

Unique in being the only lighter coloured Pro shade. Great concept and idea, but don’t like how in some indoor lighting scenarios it looks silvery/grey. On the the hand, the blue colour of the stainless steel band is beautiful and in some lighting scenarios, the blue on the back of the phone pops out beautifully. Surprisingly a lot of Apples silicone and leather cases match pretty well with this phone.

Deep Purple:

This ones gotten a lot of flak for being ‘dull’ or ‘too grey’ or ‘not purple enough’ but honestly I really love it. It looks so professional, the camera module looks like a clear night sky. It’s clearly more indigo than purple. Where it loses points for me would have to be the stainless steel bands; it’s a lighter plum/pinky colour, not a fan. Only other criticism would be in the current lineup of Apple silicone and leather cases available, your options feel more limited than Sierra Blue as to what goes well with it, Apple gave it a directly one-for-one matching case in Ink which is great, but otherwise, yeah, I’ve found only a few other cases go well with it. Apple should bring back the Deep Navy silicone case from the iPhone 12, this would also match really well.

Overall - Sierra Blue is my current favourite as its just a lot more ‘fun’ than Deep Purple, but Deep Purple is not far behind in my books

Last edited:

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
They are all good imo except for the green 13 Pro (too dark and it looks like black) and purple 14 Pro (too hyped and associated with BTS, and annoyingly popular with girls for the wrong reasons).

• Wow
Reactions: Shadowbech

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Even though I didn't end up with this colour, that deep purple in person is really nice. But I couldn't say no to space black lol

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
Space Black is definitely my favorite pro color this year! However, out of the special pro colors I would pick Pacific Blue. I’m hoping Apple does a matte navy color in the future

Reactions: moose185

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
I wonder what the special colour for the Pro will be for the 15 Pro; we’ve had dark green, dark blue, light blue, dark purple;

light purple?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I wonder what the special colour for the Pro will be for the 15 Pro; we’ve had dark green, dark blue, light blue, dark purple;

light purple?
If Apple does what they did this year then perhaps the iPhone 14 Pro could be getting a new variation. A third blue or green or something new?

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
Space Black is definitely my favorite pro color this year! However, out of the special pro colors I would pick Pacific Blue. I’m hoping Apple does a matte navy color in the future
I agree space black is just amazing.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
If I were to buy an iPhone Pro, it would definitely be in silver. High pricing means I may as well go for a royal palace feel, no?

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
‘Nope always black. I put a very thin rubberized case on it anyway and it is black. Colors never did anything for me. Each to his own
If I were to buy an iPhone Pro, it would definitely be in silver. High pricing means I may as well go for a royal palace feel, no?
Silver and black are both good options In my opinion, black for the stealthy look and silver for something brighter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackbequickly
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.