Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Where do you go first to check for news/rumours about Apple?

• MacRumors

Votes: 92 88.5%
  • Engadget

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • AppleInsider

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mac World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters

comedine

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2009
I tend to use Engadget - it's much quicker at reporting Apple news and, when it's quiet, there's news on other gadgets to read about.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
There is no poll:confused:

Personally I go no where to find Apple news, tbh I could care less about Apple news as it is boring now.

Edit: The poll is there.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
I always check Mac Rumors first. Then hunt around if something is interesting...

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Macrumors.

I prefer to read the news here because I like how Arn and the gang offer opinions of validity and don't join in wild speculation.

However, I do read a lot of different tech and apple sites.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I used to use EnGadget, but frankly while they have very fast and extensive coverage, I've gotten sick of their comment flaming and the way they obsess over stupid details....

...such as: It really got annoying when they started covering every single fart let by the Palm Pre - I know they've done it with other products but for some reason this time I just find it very annoying.

MacRumors, AppleInsider, TUAW.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
My RSS reader. It always shocks me how many people DON'T use this technology.

It can save you so much time and effort.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007

Well there seems to be a delay between the post on the front page and when it shows up in RSS.

And then I just hit the front page and read it all anyway because images and the full article do not show up.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007

I've tried that. Can't replace checking the actual site for me. It just lacks something about going there and checking it, kind of like reading the daily newspaper.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
I've tried that. Can't replace checking the actual site for me. It just lacks something about going there and checking it, kind of like reading the daily newspaper.

The only thing I use one for is telling me when to leave the forum and hit the front page. (or page 2/LEM)

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
i check macRumors first, dont use any of the rest.

if there is something that has been announced i normally chekc the apple website, maybe that should be in the poll aswell??

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I am not all that hot for breaking Apple/Mac/iPhone/iPod news
It eventually comes out and makes its way to the Forums
I am on the Forum most every day, so if something breaks, I'll see it

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Given that 99% of all AppleInsider's articles are reposted (later) by macrumors, I read AppleInsider first.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
I chose 'other' as my tech news folder brings up MacNN first but it's not my primary source for Apple news, that honour goes to MacRumors.

When I browse I look first at sites I can get through quickly, MacNN is first because I find myself mostly skimming the headlines and moving on. MacRumors is where I end up to get all the details. :)

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Of course, this poll will be insanely biased lol. I suppose its only real use is to gauge what fraction of MacRumors "regulars" actually go somewhere else for their Apple news first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.