POLL for Incase neoprene sleeve owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stevearm, Sep 11, 2009.

?

Does your INCASE neoprene sleeve zipper scratch your MBP?

1. Yes, it scratched the sides of the MBP

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Nope, not a single scratch

28 vote(s)
    84.8%
  1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to buy a neoprene sleeve for my new MBP...

Only problem is I'm worried the zipper will scratch the laptop. I was wondering, out of those of you who have one, and own an aluminium macbook, has it given you any trouble?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I have one, and as long as you take it out carefully it will be fine. Great case. Mine is black.

3. MacbookWoo macrumors member

Go with the Oakley Sleeve, I bought the Oakley Laptop Backpack and it came with the neoprene case, The quality is amazing and I can keep almost everything I need in that backpack, I keep an extra set of supplies my med's, and toiletries, It also has custom spots for things like cell phone, sunglasses, There are more pouches than you can fill!

4. Rebann macrumors newbie

I have the Incase sleeve and I like it. Granted, I've only used it 3x, but I've never once thought of it being able to scratch my MBP.

5. mrrippey macrumors regular

+1

use mine all the time and it us great. Not one scratch.

6. icedd macrumors 6502

icedd

I own it too. As long as you keep watching the zippers as you carefully slide your Macbook inside, it's fine. ;)

7. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

I have an inCase neoprene sleeve (in plum) and no, it doesn't scratch: it doesn't have a zipper. I love it. Very easy to use, no worries, throw it into whatever bag I'm using.

Also want to recommend the Higher Ground bag (http://www.highergroundgear.com/), which is thin enough to use as a sleeve inside another bag. I have the Shuttle. Well constructed, great handle, strap, and possible backpack attachment. Serves as a lap desk. Pads inside to raise the laptop and help with heat dissipation. I'm a HUGE fan--use it everywhere.

8. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Nope, there is a zipper protection in my tucano second skin, no scratches at all.

9. phixiuz macrumors regular

I thought there was a zipper protection in these cases and most of the others in the Apple Store (I've ordered a Be-ez and that one aswell stated a zipper protection). So you'd have to be pretty rough to scratch it with the zippers I guess...

10. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

no scratches on mine, i use it pretty rarely, but it doesn't seem like the zipper would come in contact with the mac anyways? there's alot of padding which acts like zipper protection around it

11. Elzlaik macrumors regular

I have used my Incase neoprene sleeve since I bought my MBP last October. I put my laptop in it at least twice a day and once in a great while, (if I put the MBP in crooked or one of the zippers isn't fully unzipped) I will hear the dreaded scrape of metal on metal. However, not one scratch in the last year has resulted. My MBP is flawless.

12. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I had a big scratch in my old MBP from my Incase sleeve. If you want to get an Incase sleeve, I recommend purchasing one size up so it's not such a tight fit. This way you will have more room when placing and removing the laptop from the sleeve. Others here might disagree, but I now use my 15" Incase sleeve for my 13" MBP and it's perfect. No more worrying about the zipper, etc.

Unless you really want or need a handle/strap on your sleeve, I actually prefer the Booq sleeves. There is more room to insert your laptop, and it eliminates any worry about zippers scratching anything.

http://www.booqbags.com/

13. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

I bought one for my 13" and its a nice tight fit.

I've heard the zippers rub against the laptop a few times when I first got it but you manage to figure out a way to put in the laptop without it rubbing. But absolutely no scratches on it and I love the case.