Poll: Have You Bought A Movie On Itunes Yet?

Have You Bought A Movie On Itunes Yet?

• Total voters

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
My sister wanted me to download some kids movies on iTunes for my niece (who's 4) to watch. She asked me to burn them to DVD so she can watch them at home. I tried to explain her it doesn't work like the music iTunes store and I can't do that.

I guess that's a good thing she even knows iTunes sells movies now, considering she doesn't own a computer.

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
As a side note, while I was working with some home movies, I hooked up my powerbook video out -> digital camcorder -> iMac and was able to capture the iTunes movie from my pbook in iMovie on the iMac just like a normal home video. Kind of a long was to burn a DVD but it can be done.

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
No, but I'm definitely wavering on "O, Brother Where Art Thou?". Depends on if I can get it cheaper at Best Buy.

Jason Bourne

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2005
I have bought two: the life aquatic and the incredibles. Have also added two other movies from my collection (40yr virgin and wedding crashers) and plenty of tv stuff

Graeme A

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
i was looking at buying 'kinky boots' (funny brit and aussie-playing-brit accents) but decided to spend my gift card on music instead.

cheaper to buy a dvd though. i cannot see much benefit to buying movies through itunes.

Jason Bourne

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2005
Graeme A said:
i was looking at buying 'kinky boots' (funny brit and aussie-playing-brit accents) but decided to spend my gift card on music instead.

cheaper to buy a dvd though. i cannot see much benefit to buying movies through itunes.
I bought a few mainly due tp the coolness of having my favorite TV shoe, many movies and hundreds of auibooks avalable all the tme. As well as a full music and photo library.

Works very well. and is incredibly useful fro long train/airplane rides

925AS

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2006
CALIFORNIA
No, But I have a massive collection of dvd's so it doesn't make sense for me. But if apple revives the rumors to sell the movie through iTunes and then send the buyer a dvd then i would buy through them.
I really don't believe that will ever happen but I can wish.

grahamtearne

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
I have bought 2 movies from iTunes and I will be buying more. It is fantastic IMO.

It is very conveniant (spelling lol) and price is reasonable. The quality, to me is excellent and although a tad lower than DVD it compares very well and I would probably not be able to tell the difference.

The 1st movie I downloaded was to test the water, after about 5 minutes of downloading I started to play it and it played flawlessly to the end. Brilliant way to get a movie quickly on demand. (I have a 4meg broadband so slower may take longer but yu get the idea that you dont have to wait for the download to be complete).

The second one I downloaded was one that I thought the family would like so I downloaded it and shoved it on my iPod, used the AV cable to put it on our 37" TV downstairs and it looked almost identical to a DVD. Nobody moaned about quality, infact my Dad complemented it.

So basically yes, I have bought from the movie store and will continue to for good quality movies (that will no doubt be increased one day, we started on 320, we are now up to 640) ease of use and quick download speeds. I dont care for having loads of DVDs all over the place, this is the digital age, having all my movies stored digitally on my computer/ipod is much more appealing to me. I love looking through my movie collection in iTunes. We just need more studios now which will no doubt come along due to the success of the first week or so.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
No, and never until there is an actual advantage (price is not one of them right now) over buying the DVD (other than convenience of getting it immediately).

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
pirates of the caribbean black pearl, hitchhiker guide to the galaxy, brothers grimm. they're all great! I also think about getting cars, pirates sequel 2 as preorder :)