Poll: Have you damaged your MBP or is it spotless?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Doggman, Oct 17, 2012.

?

What condition is your MBP in?

1. Excellent - like new

35 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. Good - small scuffs

12 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Fair - pretty dinged up

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Doggman, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

Doggman macrumors member

Just curious to see how people treat their MBP's.

I dropped my backpack from waist level the other day on campus and now there's a small dent on the left front corner of the unibody :( I'm pretty disappointed but it still works like new and it's not really noticeable unless you look for it. I've had my MBP for ~1.5 years now and it was spotless until now. I was like :eek: when I saw it :(

How has your MBP fared over the years?

Attached Files:

2. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

mine is spotless and the one I had before that for 5 years was in brand new condition when the logic board died.
    A plastic body laptop could have cracked, a MBP dents, it's a constant reminder that although portable and tough it's not indestructible. Do you have a sleeve for it at least?

3. Doggman thread starter macrumors member

No sleeve but it's always in my backpack (incase designed to carry a laptop) and yeah all of my laptops previous and including this one until yesterday have been spotless... :(

It'll be okay though.. It still performs like its brand new and its only 1 small dent in a pretty insignificant place. I'm starting to think it might be an excuse to finally build my custom box :D

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Mine's pretty dinged, scratched and melted after two and a half good years of service :D

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

A month old and I dropped it chair-height onto a carpeted floor, fortunately still in its backpack AND a decent padded sleeve - unscathed. Phew!

Other than that, scraps of foods, ketchup blah-blah which is not going to stop. :)

6. Harrycooke macrumors 6502

Harrycooke

If I damaged any of my Apple products I would kill myself.

Or buy a new one.

7. MaxPower72, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

I would kill myself only if I wouldn't be able to afford them anymore and the only option is a Windows PC...
    JK:rolleyes:

8. LeeM macrumors 6502a

got a scratch on my lid from dragging the charger pin over it when id just got it out of the box. was annoying but ill live

9. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

17" MBP spotless since early 2007

Yeah 17" MBP early 2007 like new.

I lug mine everywhere and use it heavily. I knock myself over and run into things more than the notebook does.

10. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Mine looks new, but I have an invisibleshield with a speck hard shell case on top. The speck case protects against small drops and dents, and the invisibleshield protects against the scratches speck cases can make.

11. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Where is the "poor" option?? my 2007 is held together by tape around the edges of the monitor.

12. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

My 2011 is in perfect shape so far. The 2008 has a scratch on the bottom, and a small dent next to the trackpad but otherwise looks great.

13. Gunny011 macrumors regular

my rMBP still looks new, I tend to clean it twice a week to keep it looking nice.

I haven't bothered with any skins or anything.

14. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Minor dings along the edges, scratches on surfaces as to be expected.

I've ha it since feb 09.

15. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

I've dinged my 2011 17 inch a few times, small price to pay for not having to lean forwards to see anything.

16. Harrycooke macrumors 6502

Harrycooke

Haha unfortunately I am too poor for a Mac at this time so I have to put up with a PC! I'm on the brink of suicide everytime I look at it. But I'm going to get the rMBP in January :)

17. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

My mid 2009 is in great shape. No dings or scuffs, although the text on the bottom of the case and the little icons near the ports are starting to wear off. I've never dropped it or dropped anything on it.

18. naz-dream-boys macrumors member

Mine rMBP WAS completely spotless until I went on holiday with it in August :(
    I had mistakenly put my rMBP in my soft hand luggage case and when I was getting into the minibus back to the airport, gave it to the driver to put in the storage. The bag had moved around on the way there so when the driver opened the storage again, it fell from about 7ft onto concrete. Checked it out and thankfully there was no major damage, just a small bend in the metal corner of the screen. It didn't affect the performance and you couldn't notice unless looking very closely, but still it was annoying to see that on my 1 month old £1,800 computer.

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My Retina MacBook Pro came with two little dents on the bottom, but otherwise the screen was perfect, and everything worked correctly, so I chose to keep it.

20. Orange Crane macrumors 6502

+1 for my mid 09 mbp, flawless. The first couple of years it was only protected by a sleeve in a backpack, in the last year it's seen a little less action, connected to a tv and some external hard drives. It looks new.

21. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

My late 2011 still looks like NIB. No marks, dents, dings, scratches, etc. No shiny keys on keyboard and no obvious wear on palm rest area. Take care or your stuff and your stuff will take care of you. Having OCD tendencies does help in some cases......