Poll - How will you transport/protect your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kavika411, Jun 25, 2007.

?

How will you transport/protect your iPhone?

1. Belt clip with some sort of protection for iPhone face.

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Belt clip without some sort of protection for iPhone face.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. In my pocket/purse/satchel with some sort of protection for the face.

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. In my pocket/purse/satchel - no protection.

19 vote(s)
    39.6%
  1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Belt clip sometimes, pocket other times. I pre-ordered a full body iPhone Invisible Shield from shieldzone. I hope it works with the iPhone - if not their tech support said I could return it. Tough part is that I'm going to have to seriously baby my iPhone until the IS arrives.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Zero Halliburton. Just for the iPhone. Custom foam insert with an iPhone cutout in the very center. Designed to withstand nuclear attack.

Okay, okay, I'm not getting an iPhone. :eek:

4. kamiboy macrumors 6502

5. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I intend to mount mine inside a spotted owl and carry the spotted owl in my briefcase.

6. wongulous macrumors 6502a

The glass I'm not worried about--no type of skin cover would be worth the minimal protection in trade for the loss of optical quality and texture trade-off. However, the aluminum back, and chrome-ish edges I will be protection with either a stick-on skin (BodyGuardz-style), a case that goes around the edges in black, or both. That chrome Apple on the back will be the first thing to get scratched, otherwise.

7. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Your list doesn't include the Rabit Pit Bull I intend to protect my phone with.

Oh wait...you mean from scratches...

8. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I'm not getting an iPhone right away, but the DLO case looks nice.

9. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

If I ever get one (I want one, but the money- bleh), I'll probably just stick it in my pocket. The cases they have come out with thus far suck.

10. applehero macrumors 6502

Agreed, I don't care for any of the cases that have been released. There is one from Belkin that had potential, but I don't like the forward facing design.

11. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

I agree here. Isn't glass like crazy difficult to scratch?

12. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

The Belkin acrylic case isn't bad either.
    But probably the best thing is a leather/fabric sleeve to slide it in and out of. Maybe one with a belt clip (long way so it hangs vertically) and also a velcro or button clasp across the top to keep it from sliding out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i'm waiting for a vaja i-volution case to come out, but in the meantime i'll probably pick up a cheap case at the same time i buy the iphone. i keep my keys in my purse as well, and i want some sort of barrier to prevent the iphone from getting scratched up in there...

14. DMK macrumors newbie

15. HitmanX macrumors regular

I'm gonna first buy the iPhone without a case and see what it comes with in the box. Then I will wait for some case reviews.

16. neven macrumors 6502a

I'm not opposed to the idea of an iPhone case in theory but all the ones we've seen so far have been hideous.

Belt clips are impractical - you know the feeling of sitting down with one of those thing attached to you? - and they're like the big scarlet letter of douchebagdom.

I plan on using a simple, soft sleeve for when I'm keeping my iPhone in a pocket, bag, or case with something else (my notebook backpack or a jacket pocket, for instance). Most of the time, though, it gets its own pocket.

A slightly off-topic rant - I don't get people who say "but that'll get scratched up if you put it in your pocket with your keys!" Well don't do it then - you probably have more than one pocket. My iPod is pretty much scratch-free after a year of use, and I never use a case.

17. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

What do Rabit Pit Bulls do? Drop pellets in a circle around you so that nobody gets near you? :D