Poll: Intelliscreenx vs Lockinfo+sbsettings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jredecop, Feb 8, 2012.

?

Intelliscreenx vs lockinfo+sbsettings

1. I like intelliscreenx

30 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I like Lockinfo+sbsettings

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Intelliscreenx is battery on battery

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Lockinfo+sbsettings is better on battery

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. jredecop, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

jredecop macrumors 6502a

I know there are a couple of threads on this but haven't seen any polls. If youve tried both, why do you like the one you do... Im leaning towards lockinfo/sbsettings combo, but like it that intelliscreenx has the toggles built in.

Also trying to get an idea which is better for battery life.

It's two polls, which one do you like better, which ones better on battery. I just did not know how to split them up without making two separate threads. I just made all the options clickable, please only choose one of each so that we get accurate results. Thanks!

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I tried LI but I ended up going with ISX. Not sure about battery life but I have mail/twitter/facebook turned off in ISX so they aren't always refreshing and draining battery. Before that, I had them never auto refresh and I pulled down to refresh whenever I wanted to which would also be better for battery life. I think it's really just up to personal preference. I tried using LI for lock screen and ISX for everywhere else but I just didn't like LI and the way it worked. People will say it's better because you can customize it more but I guess I just couldn't customize it to my liking.

3. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

+1 for Intelliscreenx

Didnt bother with Lockinfo

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Another thing I like about ISX is that it feels more apple-like

5. jredecop thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's true. I like little things like being able to dismiss the missed calls from my lock screen with lockinfo..I'm torn between the two.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

You can clear anything from ISX too

7. jredecop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really?? Guess I had a setting wrong. The slide to... Would stay on my lock screen until I unlocked my phone. I'll have to try it again.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah. Go to ISX settings and turn on Show Action Menu under Push Notifications

9. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

Does Bitesms integrate well with ISX or only message+?

10. robots3humans0, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

If you've got Bite, it'll work with ISX. You can set it as your quick reply option in the ISX settings app.

Personally I keep switching between the two. I just can't decide. I LOVE the look of ISX and Messages+. Looks very iOS like and integrates well. I also really like the top shelf feature with the quick settings toggles. They look really nice and blend well with iOS and the ISX app. The twitter/mail/RSS plugins are pretty cool, but the reader doesn't sync with google reader which make it useless for me, the mail plugin doesn't handle HTML at all so it sucks too. I've used the twitter plugin but I'm not sold on it, yet.

I don't like that the quick reply for Messages+ automatically marks the message as read when you open it. Sometimes I start typing and have to stop without sending the message and I'd rather not lose what I've typed/have to open the quick compose, type in the name, see the conversation and THEN reply. Kind of annoying. Also not a fan of how hidden album art is when it's behind ISX on the lock screen, but thats not really a HUGE issue.

Lockinfo just has that familiar feel since it hasn't really changed all that much (which is both a good and bad thing). The sole reason I use BiteSMS is for quick reply and I like how it integrates with Lockinfo. The QR window comes up and can be closed without marking the message as read and any typed message remains. However I don't like having to have SBSetting installed along with Lockinfo AND BiteSMS. Seems like too many things that ISX does by itself. I like the customizability of Lockinfo, but I end up just having it similar to how ISX is by default anyways aha, :p. Though I would prefer if ISX would adopt the ability to change what widgets are viewable in each screen, since having the clock/ticker widget is kind of useless in the normal notification center.

*sigh*

Typing this made me switch back to ISX. Had been using Lockinfo the last week or so. Seems I'll never decide :(

edit: for battery life, it really depends on the settings. Both have the potential to slaughter your battery if the refresh intervals for the plugins are set to low values. I set mine to high enough values that its basically manual refreshing whenever I want it to.

11. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

I actually have paid for both now. I used to use lockinfo, but when I saw intelliscreenx I had to try it. I love it. More features, integrates well with bite. I'm gonna stick with x. The only thing I miss with lockinfo is the way the calendar appts were displayed with the headers. Hopefully they will change it.

12. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Love ISX. Go back and forth turning on the ticker and the different pages, but usually keep it off to save battery. Messages+ works nicely for a quick text here and there, the Quicklaunch toggles look great, top shelf is slick, and overall it just works great on the 4S.

LockInfo is a great alternative, but I prefer ISX more.

13. jredecop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol. This is me. That's why I started this thread. I keep going back and forth.

14. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I've been a long-time LI fan but I am sampling ISX right now. The only thing I don't care for right now is that calendar entries are all lumped in. One, you can't tell which entry is in which calendar nor can you hide some calendars, I don't think. I'd love to be able to fix that.

15. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

I voted ISX even though the poll choices aren't very clear to me.

16. DavoteK macrumors 6502

Voted for both :D

Its true, I do like them both.

17. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Definitely agree. I love how LI has the option to only show selected calendars and that it has the dot next to the event signifying which calendar the event belongs to. Decisions, decisions..

18. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

I'm in love with LockInfo. I considered trying ISX but it would feel like I'm cheating on my wife of three years, it just doesn't feel right. ISX sure does look sexy though. :p

19. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

How did you vote for both? There's no option for that :p

20. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

I think you can just select both.

21. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Really? I didn't know that. Kinda beats the point of having a poll if you can choose multiple conflicting options

22. jredecop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry guys. It's actually two polls, which one do you like better, which ones better on battery. I just did not know how to split them up without making two separate threads. I just made all the options clickable thinking people would pick one of each.

23. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Oh ok that's fine. You should have just explained in the OP :p

24. TaterToT macrumors 6502

I like Lockinfo better, I tried the free trial of ISX but I just like the simplicity of Lockinfo.

25. jredecop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fixed! Sorry for the confusion.