POLL: iOS 9 - Lightweight or not?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by robertkarlsen, Jun 2, 2015.

?

Will it be lightweight?

1. Yes, hopefully...

73.5%
  2. No, will never happend...

26.5%
  1. robertkarlsen macrumors 6502

robertkarlsen

Do you think iOS 9 will bring a lightweight OS (faster, snappier etc...)

Cast your vote!

2. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

3. Cozmosis macrumors member

Cozmosis

Things will hopefully be cleaned up and stabilized but I don't think they trim much down UI wise.

4. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

More features, more functionality, more bugs, etc....
    Standard iOS upgrades.

5. norrismantooth macrumors regular

I would like to see the Calendar app moved to the quick access menu, in place of the camera app.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

7. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yeah I am expecting this update to be a major speed increase and fix most of the issues people have started having since iOS 8 dropped. iOS 8 was a horrible upgrade in terms of bugs and IMO it left the testing facility too soon.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

iOS 7 when it came out didn't really seem any better, and actually worse in many instances for quite a few people. That's not to say that iOS 8 was great when it came out, and certainly also needed more polishing.

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I think 7 was more stable when it came out then iOS 8 was. 8 was just a terrible upgrade IMO and I cannot wait for iOS 9.

10. devinthomas, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

devinthomas macrumors regular

They'll introduce faster (hopefully new) animations on top of actual performance enhancements and the OS will appear faster and 'lighter'. Imagine they unbundle some apps, or even better, allow you to uninstall some system apps.

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I voted no. You would have to hand me a picture of Tim Cook holding a hand written confirmation to get me to believe this is true.

12. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

No. I think it will be the same size, but more efficient in terms of performance.

Edit: Misread. Oh well. It might not be, but we expect 2.0 Gb of RAM, so that might make it appear faster.

13. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

14. Menel Suspended

Menel

Safari will be snappier
    it has been told in the stones

15. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Well. Before wwdc, no one I bet can post such official statement proof. Anything in here is likely rumour and hope. Most members understand it by default.

16. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

If iOS 9 is not going lightweight, I think apple and developers are going to undermine user experience gradually over time.
    I am not a developer, even a decent programmer. I can only say, optimisation is necessary for any computer programs, as long as they are still in support cycle (even a week). IPhone hardware itself does need optimisation as well, although few members may mention it. To complete a "not" function, you can either use a super complex circuit, or simply several nand gates to achieve this.
    Apple wwdc mentioned that "making a product bigger is not a good design, although everyone can do this. What we need is to let product become more powerful and smaller." I am sorry because I forget the exact words.

So, iOS is the same. Apple need to polish it, make it runs more fluent, and faster. Windows 8 is Microsoft's polish on their windows system, too.