Poll - iPhone 4 Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 29, 2010.

?

What major issues is your iPhone 4 experiencing?

1. Reception

79 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Proximity Sensor

45 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Yellow Spots

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Other

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. None :)

58 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Now that people have had many days of testing their precious iPhone 4, what issues have you found that need to be fixed? If other please state below what the problem is.

Select all that apply to you. :)

2. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Also, has anyone with issues had any success in exchanging their iPhone 4 for a new one?

3. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

I wonder if those experiencing no reception issues really have immune iPhones or if they haven't thoroughly tested it. I would think if the antenna were an actual design flaw that it would affect everyone...

I know it took myself a couple days before I noticed that I too had this reception issue

4. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

I only have the reception issue. But I also noticed my signal declines when I put it on my desk and comes back up when I have it in my hand. :confused: Uploading a video of that right now to YouTube.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You've been around long enough to know how to use multi-quote! :)

No problems so far for me. I also love how the volume has gone way up, so I can actually use it as a speaker phone.

6. toffa813 macrumors regular

Touching the lower left results in reception loss :mad:

7. TrojanCMH macrumors newbie

I've had my phone for a few days now and I have only dropped one call and it was the other person who was driving into an area known for its lack of cell reception. If I stand the phone on its side and use a dime to bridge then antenna then it does indeed weaken the signal. However the way I hold the phone I have never experienced the issue in normal use. So is this a reception issue or not for me? It doesn't affect the way my phone works so therefore "None :)" for me! :D

8. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

YES! I love that too. I used it as I was driving down the highway and I didn't have to hold the speaker directly up to my ear to hear the other person!

I honestly love so much about my new iPhone 4. In the past I have always been excited about the NEXT years version, but now I can honestly say that I don't have much interest in what the next one brings. Now of course that may change... but basically I mean this iphone fills all of my current desires.

But that's why it's so irritating that I have these reception and proximity sensor issues... Combined they bring phone conversations to a practically unusable level. I'm really trusting Apple on this to bring solutions quickly...

9. jamesvanzandt macrumors newbie

Reception issue not bad, but proximity sensor extremely annoying

I don't have an issue if I hold my phone how I normally hold it, only in the tight grip people demonstrate. The proximity sensor is very annoying though. Calls suddenly turn on speakerphone or go on mute, and the google voice searching app doesn't always listen when held to your ear. Before I realized what was going on I thought the microphone was brokenwhen people stopped being able to hear me on calls and hung up, but my calls where just being put on mute.

10. ffonsok macrumors member

THE PROXIMITY ISSUE IS A CORRUPTED BACKUP ISSUE

I had this problem weeks ago, right around the time I updated my iPhone 3gs to the 4.0 GM build.
    I found that by resetting my Network settings under General- Reset, It would correct the issue temporarily.
    However, when I got my iphone 4 and restored my backup, I had the same issue again with the proximity sensor not working.
    It seemed to be an issue with my backup files being corrupted. The proximity sensor would work fine when I restored the device to factory settings, but when I restored my BACKUP, it would cease functioning.

I found the only way to correct the error was to set up the iPhone 4 as a new phone and import my contacts again.

11. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

There seems to be a great divide on the alleged "reception issue"..
    There are those that say they can PURPOSELY MAKE their bars drop with a DEATH GRIP, and then there are those that are actually dropping calls in "REAL USE"...
    It seems that "most" people reporting they have the reception issue" are the ones can "purposely make the bars drop, but are not experiencing call/data drops...
    This is why there is so much panic and disinformation about the so-called "death grip reception issue"...
    I don't think most iPhone users care if they can (if the wish to) make the bars drop if it isn't at all affecting their call/data connection status...those that are actually dropping calls/data connection in normal everyday use certainly have a legitimate issue...

12. MacKeeper-fan macrumors member

MacKeeper-fan

i have reception issue.I've had more dropped and failed calls for one day with the Iphone 4 than I ever had with the previous iPhones combined.`

13. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

You should return the phone for a new one...at my store, they had software where they could see the dropped calls people reported...when they saw a lot of them, they were swapping out the phones for new ones. They were NOT however. swapping phones for people reporting they could purposely MAKE the phone drop bars, but were not dropping calls or data...(hopefully, you live within reasonable distance to ana Apple Store)...sorry you got a bad one...that sux...:mad:

14. G5isAlive macrumors 6502

I have had mine for a week now, and really have no reception problems. It works much better than my 3GS holding calls long after the 3GS would give up. Of course, someone might suggest I had a really bad 3GS.

The only call I lost was when the other person drove into a dead zone. They warned me in advance.

15. Cubs08 macrumors member

I have NOT been trying to make calls drop, but drop they do. The Apple store swapped mine out and the next morning... five dropped calls in a row. My iPhone 2G never had this problem in this location.

16. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Nobody ever said there are "no problems"...when you sell 1.7 million phones in 3 days the odds are "some" people are going to get defective units...I'm sorry you are one of them, but trying to make it sound like the majority of people that bought the iP4 are dropping tons of calls because of the "death grip" issue is just not factual...we saw and heard this with the "yellow screen issue" with the 3G and 3GS. Some were ranting that this was an issue with EVERY PHONE...clearly, it wasn't. I do hope you get your issues corrected as the phone really is a wonder to use...