Poll: MacBook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karboN.6, Oct 29, 2010.

?

Would you purchase the MacBook Pro 13"?

  1. Yes i would buy the computer now

    47 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. No i would wait until next year for a new verizon to come out

    45 vote(s)
    48.9%
  1. karboN.6 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Location:
    Ny
    #1
    This has probably been asked a million times but just answer the question truthfully and i would appreciate it thanks very much. Im just doing alot of research in the MacBook pro 13" 250 gb laptop. **THE SECOND CHOICE IS SUPPOSED TO SAY VERSION NOT VERIZON**!! LOL
     
  2. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #2
    Doesn't the poll somehow ignore the users' needs? By ignoring them, you leave out an important deciding factor and taint the "statistic".
     
  3. vant macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2009
    #3
    I'd rather just wait for the new 'verizon' to come out?
     
  4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

    PsstGreek

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2010
    Location:
    Tampa Bay
    #4
    I bought the 13" on Tuesday and got it yesterday shipped by UPS. I'm liking every minute of it. To me, it's the perfect size and weight. I even bought a Incase Sleeve for it from Best Buy.
     
  5. 7thMac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    #5
    Buy now if you need it. I think this has been asked several times this week. What's the reason for the poll?
     
  6. cambookpro macrumors 603

    cambookpro

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #6
    Wait. Isn't it due for a redesign? (last MBP lasted 2 years)
     
  7. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #7
    No, as the MBP before 10/2008 took its design from the G4 PowerBook, thus the Aluminium design (pictured below) was with us for 70 months, while the current design is merely 24 months old.

    PowerBook
    [​IMG]

    MacBook Pro
    [​IMG]
     
  8. ThinIce macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2010
    #8
    I would wait for the new revision. They need to upgrade it to pass the MBA in the food chain. Right now the MBA has the speed and resolution advantage.
     
  9. firestarter macrumors 603

    firestarter

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2002
    Location:
    Green and pleasant land
    #9
    I won't buy another Mac laptop until Apple starts shipping then with USB3. FW 800 is just too slow compared to the speed of modern external drives - and the 13inch isn't expandable in any other way.
     
  10. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Location:
    Ny
  11. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

    lilcosco08

    Joined:
    May 27, 2010
    Location:
    Dayton
    #11
    I'm looking forward to the new Verizon as well
     
  12. djasterix macrumors 6502a

    djasterix

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2010
    Location:
    Paradise City
    #12
    I think the actual "verizon" is good enough, just buy it...
     
  13. gothamm macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2007
    #13
    verizon macbook pro coming soon. $1899 with 2 year contract. $1999 without contract
     
  14. KandyKane macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2009
    Location:
    Australia
    #14
    I've already got the current 13" MBP so I voted wait for the new Verizon... but I'm very close to selling it and getting a 11" MBA but may or may not sell that when the Verizon comes out.
     
  15. Chase R macrumors 65816

    Chase R

    Joined:
    May 8, 2008
    Location:
    PDX
    #15
    I'd wait. The last update was more of a speed-bump than anything. The next update will have some more drastic changes.
     
  16. jmazzamj macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2009
    #16
    I voted wait, I bought mine in May.
    Today I'd rather get a MBA (which I bought for my sister) over a MBP, which I hope will receive a refresh early next year.

    I'm also considering selling my MBP for a Mac mini (same processing power) and getting a MBA 11" for when I'm on the go.

    I really love the 11" and I will buy one for sure when my Wind U100 (ATOM, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB HD) eventually dies.
     
  17. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Location:
    Ny
    #17
    yes i think im going to wait since i was very ancy before to get the macbook but now im going to save my money up a little more so i can be prepared for any price increases for the new model. and also i think i can wait bc my computer is working fine right now
     
  18. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2007
    #18
    I have a base white Macbook (Macbook7,1), which essentially has the same internals as the base 13" Macbook Pro (except for having 2GB of ram instead of 4GB). I am a definitely underwhelmed by the performance of this Macbook. Maybe the user experience would be a lot better with more ram, but in its base form, it is full of disappointment.
     
  19. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Location:
    Ny
  20. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    East Cost
    #20
    if you need a laptop now then get one now. if your computers ok to wait, then wait.
     
  21. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

    milbournosphere

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #21
    +1
     
  22. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Location:
    Ny
    #22
    honestly im thinking about going to bestbuy today and buying it but i wanted to know.... My current laptop isnt even a year old and the battery life is 2 hours fully charger!!!!... this computer isnt a bad computer except for the heat it produces and the computer works fine but i want to buy a new 1 but this laptop works fine its just that i want to buy a new one and my mom is giving me 500$ towards it so it wont be a bad deal for me.. and i dont really even think the new update coming out is going to be beneficial for me since im only going to be video chatting on it and doing school work and just going on the internet.. the only programs i would have would probably be itunes oovoo skype and microsoft office... so just tell me if you think for my uses the new update will or wont be necessary for what im going to use it for... thanks
    AND REMEMBER I CAN GET IT FOR 999 WITH 500 FROM MY MOM
     
  23. shyam09 macrumors 68000

    shyam09

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2010
    #23
    do you have a microcenter near you.. if you do go to microcenter.com and look for the MBP 13 inch.. its the base model but its $999
    here ill just give you the link:
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0334909

    so im guessing the total cost together from bestbuy would be about 1400 bucks right? but its only in store pickup (no delivery.. so keep that in mind too)
     
  24. karboN.6 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Location:
    Ny
    #24
    yes i do thank you.. its a very good deal honestly do u think so too?
     
  25. Built macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #25
    The 999 deal at Microcenter cannot be beat.

    I got a local Best Buy to price match, so I get the Reward Zone points plus my extended return period under the Best Buy Reward Zone Silver program.

    Very happy with my purchase and glad that I did not wait.
     

Share This Page