Poll: Mini announcement tomorrow or no?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcdj, Sep 11, 2012.

?

Will Apple announce an iPad Mini tomorrow or not?

1. Yes they will.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. No they won't.

30 vote(s)
    96.8%
  1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Tons of iPad Mini buzz the past few months, but it's been slowing down. There's not much if anything in the way of leaks. Is all the iPhone 5 noise just drowning out iPad Mini signal or are we not going to see a Mini announced tomorrow?

2. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

Ive got the loudest laugh if thu dont release a mini iPad today. The big event is almost over and they havent said anything abought a new ipad

3. FiremanMike macrumors regular

Well that's too bad, I really wanted to get them for my daughters for Christmas, I guess they'll be getting kindle fires or whatever else is about that size/price..

4. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Please get the nexus 7 over the kindle fire. Its a much more polished product.

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I was one of the biggest proponents of the iPad Mini but I don't think it's coming now for two reasons.

#1. I just can't see them doing an even for just the iPad Mini. If today was just iPhone and iOS then I could see another even with iPod, iPad, and iTunes.
    #2 I can't see a $299 iPad Mini and a $299 iPod Touch. Yes they are two different devices but that would just be weird at best.

6. FiremanMike macrumors regular

Thanks I'll check it out!

7. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

The new fires aren't even out yet. Nobody has any way of knowing this yet. And I don't think you can even get the old version anymore. Amazon said they are completely sold out.

I agree whole heatedly with #2. In my opinion, that rules out that an iPad Mini will even exist. It's a pity. I was looking forward to the possibilities it would have opened.

8. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

The software is why the nexus 7 is a better product. I have seen hands on demos of the new units. Its still laggy which the nexus 7 is not. The nexus 7 has hands down better software.

9. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

I also was very disappointed. I agree that it makes no sense for Apple to stage another event just for an iPad mini. Today seemed like the optimal time.

Have ordered the Kindle Fire HD 7". Am an Amazon Prime member and it fits my needs. Nothing on the planet can compare to my new iPad, but have need for a smaller tablet as well.

10. codefuns macrumors member

From the price of the new ipod touch, I see no hope tomorrow :(

11. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Thinking about getting the 8.9" Fire HD. I tried the original 7" Fire last year and found it to be small for me.