POLL: OS 3.0 and Battery Life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netdog, Jun 18, 2009.

?

How's your battery life since upgrading to 3.0 on your iPhone?

1. Upgraded to 3.0 and battery life went to hell (3G)

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Upgraded to 3.0 and no change in battery life (3G)

17 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Upgraded to 3.0 and battery life improved (3G)

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  4. Upgraded to 3.0 and battery life went to hell (2G)

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Upgraded to 3.0 and no change in battery life (2G)

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Upgraded to 3.0 and battery life improved (2G)

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Since upgrading to 3.0 on my 3G, my battery life has gone to hell. What are you all finding?

I don't ask 3GS as you'll never have anything but 3.0 or higher on that hardware and we already know that there are battery improvements.

2. Ducky280 macrumors regular

When I got 3.0 last week my Battery was BETTER than on the 2.0

But when I installed TAP TAP to check out PUSH its been crap since then... I charged it before bed and when I woke up the next day I was alerted I only had 20% left.. Ekkkk

I think if you have PUSH APPS installed your Battery goes down faster

We need some clever folks to do bench marks so folks can see the results of PUSH

3. fr00b macrumors regular

Before I went to sleep last night, I noticed that I had about 30-40% battery charge left, still in green. Woke up to find that it had absolute zero, just in the space of 7-8hours of inactivity. :mad:

4. memesmith macrumors regular

Hmmmm taptap?

I'm very surpises at how hot my original phone is running and how quickly its draining. It also seems ot be taking longer to recharge. Seeig the comment above I'm wondering its its TapTap2, which I have the latest version of (my kids love it) and I wonder if there's an opportunity to turn off its push functionality (which I don't need or want). I might try wiping it off and seeing if my battery life returns to something like normal.

MTJ

5. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

Full charge this morning. Checked email once. Within 4-5 hours of inactivity, 20% of charge left. Push was on. I never used push prior to 3.0 but decided to give it a try (figured that the previous push battery issues would have been solved by now). I have a sneaking suspicion that Push is the culprit because that is all I changed. Why aren't more people griping about this?

6. Khabbi macrumors member

3G here, and for the first time I've had my iPhone, it was at 20% battery life by 4pm with very light usage... This doesn't look good. But then again my 3GS will be here tomorrow, so I won't worry about it until I try it on that (and the battery is SUPPOSED to be better...)

7. derek320 macrumors member

Took my 8gb 3g off the charger 13 hours ago. Since then I have listened to music for around 1 hour, checked my email a few times, downloaded 2 apps, screwed around with apps for the past hour and gone on the web a few times. I have had wifi, 3g, and push on all day, right now I am at 80%. I would say I am getting amazing battery life

8. takenthesmeg macrumors member

My battery also went to hell on the first day of playing with a shiny new OS. I don't think it will be possible to answer this question until the new features are no longer as interesting. In my opinion, this all comes back to the problem iPhone has always had: It is so damn useful that people use it all day and drain the battery.

9. aygie macrumors regular

Battery life went to hell (2g) and feels like i'm holding a red hot iron. Runs really hot. :(

10. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

Prior to upgrading, mine started getting hot when charging. My phone would indicate that it was fully charged, but iTunes said that it was charging.

Since the upgrade, it hasn't gotten hot when charging, but I've only charged it once. It runs cool, though.