Poll: Snow Leopard First Week Experiences

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Inconsequential, Sep 11, 2009.

?

How is your first week experience?

1. Everything fine and working perfectly (32 or 64 bit kernal)

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Few Minor Issues - All Resolved

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Few Major Issues - All Resolved

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Many Minor Issues - Some/None Resolved

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Many Major Issues - Some/None Resolved

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  6. More than one computer working fine

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Few minor/major problems - Some/none resolved

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

After reading through wades of people complaining, or waiting or whatever I'd like more of an overview of how people are feeling about Snow Leopard.

Now I have three Machines here (Mid 2007 MBP 15", Late 2007 MBP 17" and a 2009 Mac Pro) all working perfectly.

If people could vote and then post what problems they've had and if they are sorted or not.

Custom software not working IMO is NOT a bug, its up to the devs and they've had enough time for sort it all out.

Eg: iTunes 9 crashes frequently --> Fixed by reinstall/10.6.1/etc

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Technically, it's now been 2 weeks since Snow Leopard was released. :D

I've had no problems with it and I have it installed on 2 machines. The only issue I've had so far is with iTunes 9. I keep getting Firewall prompts every time I open it. I think this issue can be resolved by a reinstall (I'm not at home, so I can try this out).

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Where is options for "Few minor/major problem - Some/none resolved?

4. Inconsequential thread starter macrumors 68000

Just realised that :p

Although many people didn't (inc me) didn't get their copies until Friday/Saturday last week :)

Didn't think of that, I can't edit the poll now either.

Shall find a mod!

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

My only problems have been installing it on a 2006 macbook and a 2006 macbook pro. It won't install on my macbook because the ODD is stuffed, and it won't install on the mbp because the HDD is chockers full of stuff.

Otherwise, it installed and runs fine on the current gen 24" 2.93GHz iMac and a current gen Mac Mini. No problems to report at all.

6. Skweeky macrumors member

I suffered major noisy, super whizzing fan problems with 2 Clean installs and two upgrades from leopard in the first week, but after reseting the smc followed by an third upgrade from leopard everything is now running as sweet as a nut.

luvin' it.

7. oscarmacca macrumors member

10.6.1 Snow Leopard

I installed Snow Leopard yesterday, September 10th and immediately downloaded 10.6.1.

Pre upgrade, my iMac 500GB stood at 421.69 available and is now showing 464.38 available.
    Pre upgrade my MBP stood at 208.11GB available and is now showing 231.55 free space.

To muddy the waters further, my TC 500GB is showing 385.57 available from total of 497.56, not bad for a backup drive which when first used a year ago showed a free space of 467.5GB.
    This goes way beyond what Apple was claiming in its' blurb about reclaiming space eaten up by PPC code.

I should perhaps whisper it but SL 10.6.1 has been a painless upgrade as everything runs noticeably faster, no problems with Mail, all the iApps and iWork are just as responsive.
    Impressed also with the way SL found and installed drivers for my scanner and printer.

Heck, I can even still use Photoshop Elements 3.

Still not sure about the displayed HD sizes though!

8. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I've updated 3 computers so far.

MacBook Air (late 08) - No Problems
    iMac (early 08) - No Problems
    Mac Pro (early 09) - Some minor problems.

Shortly after spending Labor Day weekend updating the Mac Pro I had my first Kernel Panic with this computer. I'm hoping it is a one time occurrence. Reading threw the log files the culprit is the Apple RAID Card.

9. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I'm having one minor irritation...putting the macbook pro to sleep takes 30 seconds vice the less than 5 seconds that was common for me.