Poll: Spotify and Ad-blockers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Plutonius, Feb 8, 2019.

?

If you couldn't use ad-blockers, would you stop using free Spotify

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Spotify has updated it's terms of service agreement to state that ad-blockers are not permitted and that the person't account can be terminated if they use ad-blockers.

Since the paid Spotify account does not have ads, this only affects the free Spotify accounts where ads are necessary to help pay for the music.

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Had no clue you could even ad-block Spotify. I wouldn’t Do it either for my own moral reasons. Not that I blame others who do. They are free to do what they feel is right and it’s no issue to me.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you don't want ads, then use the paid version of Spotify. The free version is only free to the end user because of the ads. If enough people use ad-blockers then maybe Spotify will discontinue the free service. Then everyone will complain about that.

4. Zenithal macrumors 604

I had no idea this was even possible. I signed up for Spotify the very first week they were available in the US roughly 8 years ago. I used the free service for roughly 3 months before deciding I liked it and I wanted to subscribe. I've been subscribed since.

I've tried Deezer and Tidal, but found them painfully slow even with a fast connection. I give up some quality for the ability to have on-demand access to tunes.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Why not just pay for it, it's not that expensive and highly worth it.