Poll: To click or not to click?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by morespce54, Feb 9, 2009.

?

To click or not to click?

1. Tap-to-click

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. Click-to-click

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Both options

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. None. I (still) use a mouse to click

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. morespce54 macrumors 65816

morespce54

I have a MacBook Unibody, my iPod is 5th generation and I don't have a iPhone (yet). As you might notice, I haven't been converted completely (yet) to the "wonderful-world-of-fun-multi-touch" devices and I just can't make my mind whether to use the "tap-to-click" or "click-to-click" option on my MB.

What's your thoughts?
    Any multi-touch fans out-here that couldn't go back?
    Any old schooler that can't make the switch?
    Should we learn the multi-touch way because from now on, we're living in a multi-touch World or will this tech be gone tomorrow?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

if i had a new macbook, i'd still use the button. I can't click without feeling a button move.

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Generally on my iBook G4, I use the button to click. It's just easier to me for some reason. I will occasionally use the "tap-to-click" option, usually when I'm feeling really lazy and don't want to push a button. :p

4. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I prefer the click still but I have the touch-to-click on as well. If my wife is watching a movie it's safer to use the touch-to-click.

The real winner IMHO is the 2-finger scroll and 3-finger "forward/back" for Safari.

5. countrykid333 macrumors member

clicking all the way. the glass pad has such a beautiful sound.
    plus i am a clutz with the tap to click and end up clicking when i don't mean to. :)

6. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Ever since I got my WhiteBook I used tap to click. I just find it so much easier. Only time I actually click is when I'm selecting multiple files and don't want to click the wrong ones :p

7. air-ick macrumors member

air-ick

I rarely use the click on my macbook. I have everything setup for tap. Tap to click and 2 finger tap for alternate click.

Eric

8. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I don't click much on my MB. I am more of a tap to click kind of guy. This is probably a habit I brought with me as I migrated from a PC laptop to the MB.

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I used to hate tap to click cause I would accidentally click stuff and it would be extremely annoying... BUT THEN I got the Alu. MB. While in class, I would click with this damn thing but it was so damn loud so I just gave tapping a try and I fell in love, literally :cool:

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

11. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I've always used tap-to-click, ever since my dad's old Thinkpad with the passive LCD screen, haha

12. winterymix macrumors newbie

Another tap-to-click person here. It's so accurate on the new alum MacBook's touchpad.

13. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I use to use only the click and my wife likes the tap to click, so for fun I tried it and told my self that I'll try if for a week, and I haven't gone back.

14. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I am actually annoyed when I have to reach down so far to click on my friend's macbook white. Laziest thing of all time.

15. freeman727 macrumors 6502

Clicking makes my forearm tired after a tough workout. Tapping is much easier :p

16. paolo- macrumors 6502a

Wow, you guys make me feel like a weirdo, I use both quite equally. I think I subconsciously minimize my finger movements... or maybe I just find one more appropriate depending on the situation :S dunno.

17. sine-nomine macrumors regular

I use tap-click when I need to just click something, but when I'm selecting a bunch of files or dragging them where I need them, I use the actual click since it doesn't let you do that with tap-click (unless my machine is just weird).

18. Loccy macrumors member

Real men click. :D

I have never got on with tap to click, and was actually put off of the Alu MBs for ages before someone pointed out to me that they do actually have a "button". Now I find it difficult to go back to any other laptop's trackpad.

19. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I used to hate tap to click.
    I now use both equally, I mean, I have no preference. And I love the two finger scrolling

20. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

One tap; two taps, I don't like the button on my MBAir or MBP...:eek:

21. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

22. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

tap to click all the way baby!!!

your machine is just weird :p mine does that just fine!

23. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

I was a clicker on windows and now I'm a tapper on OSX :) Tap to click + multitouch gestures = the way it should be done!

24. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

EXACTLY! :D