Poll: Updating to iOS7 or sticking with iOS6?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Markyyy, Sep 18, 2013.

?

Will you be updating from iOS6 to iOS7?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2013.
  1. Yes, iPhone 5

59 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. No, iPhone 5

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Yes, iPhone 4S

17 vote(s)
    15.3%
  4. No, iPhone 4S

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Yes, iPhone 4

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. No, iPhone 4

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Yes, iPad 4

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. No, iPad 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yes, iPad Mini

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  10. No, iPad Mini

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  11. Yes, iPad 3

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  12. No, iPad 3

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  13. Yes, iPad 2

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  14. No, iPad 2

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  15. Potato Potato! ;D

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Markyyy macrumors regular

I have an iPad 2 (original) and will probably keep it at iOS6 because iOS7 doesn't look great on my 1024x768 display. Text isn't crisp like it is on iOS6 due to the iOS7 font being thinner, and not optimised with lower-res displays in mind. I also don't like that they removed the blur effect after beta 4. Looks poop without it, sexy with it.

2. raviluke macrumors member

Poll: Updating to iOS7 or sticking with iOS6?

I'm using an iPhone 5 and I like staying on the edge of new technology, thus I will upgrade.
    I like the call blocking feature though! This is one great reason for me to upgrade. I also realize it has better battery life, since I tested out the GM edition.

3. pappus macrumors newbie

After giving it al lot of thought,(i have an iphone 4),i will update. Since i can't buy a new iphone,i think ios 7 will give a fresh look to my phone.Besides,iphone 5s(16 gb) is expected to cost around 740 euros(contract free) which is a lot of money here in Greece....

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I see no reason to avoid this upgrade. Once it becomes available for download, I'll be upgrading my iPhone 5, my wife's and my iPad mini.

5. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Not unless the early reports say it's usable on a 4S. The last build I tried ran like stuttering crap.

6. crookadile macrumors regular

Think I'll be sticking with 6 until they fix the music app that they made a mess of.:(

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You'll be on iOS 6 forever then.

After 3 months with iOS 7, I feel the Music app is nothing but a massive improvement over iOS 6's.

8. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I'll miss the warm environment of iOS 6, but I'll be switching to the very stark iOS 7 for functionality reasons anyway.

Bring back Scott Forstall!

9. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

My iPad mini will be staying at iOS 6 indefinitely. The thin fonts and lines of iOS 7 just don't look good on the mini's lower res display. There are also some aspects of iOS 7 on the iPad that are just blown up versions of the iPhone version and are real steps backward.

On my iPhone 5, I will wait for Apple to work out some of the bugs in the GM (it was worse than beta 6 for me) and then update. I'll miss the look of iOS 6 though. The flat look with cartoony, neon icons just doesn't do it for me.

10. Lord Hamsa macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4S and not only yes, but 'll be doing it tonight as soon as I get home, pretty much.

11. xthc2012 macrumors newbie

Sticking with iOS6 on 4s

There was a time when I upgraded every time Apple put out a new phone. But I never cared for the iPhone 5, so I stuck with my 4s.

I used to look forward to OS upgrades too, but iOS7 looks silly to me, and none of the functionality upgrades matter to me. So I'm sticking with 6.

I look forward to a couple years from now, when my phone is pretty much an antique, running an obsolete OS... and still looking better than anything else out there.

12. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Didn't vote because there was no option for the iPod Touch 5.

My plan is to install iOS 7.0.2 on the Touch and then make a decision whether to update my iPad2.

I always do a transfer of purchases, backup, and update using iTunes and my computer. Just need to find the time.

13. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Having iOS7 is like having a new iphone. Its new, fresh and different as well as inovative. Theres plenty of bells and whistles.
    Be warned that you probably won't like everything about iOS7 but then again did anyone like everything in iOS6???

14. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Wouldn't a poll about ios 7 that's posted in a forum dedicated for ios 7 be more biased? Had this poll been in the ios 6 forum it could be very different results.

15. blarivee macrumors 6502

I will update. Somewhere down the road, some apps would require iOS 7 as minimum requirement.