Poll: What would you rather have?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kreasonos, Sep 13, 2017.

?

Which would you rather own: Rolex or Apple Watch?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2017.
  1. Rolex

33.3%
  2. Apple Watch

66.7%
  1. kreasonos macrumors regular

Rolex v Apple Watch: post your answers below!

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Apple Watch. Rolexs are nice but I was never a watch person before the Apple Watch, and I only have the watch because it's a piece of tech. I have always said: unless the watch did more than just tell time it's pointless to me.

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Rolex without hesitation lol. I collect mechanical watches and often leave my AW at home in favour of a nice watch.

4. pika2000 macrumors 601

Apple Watch
    It's cheaper, and gives more utility.
    I wouldn't wear a regular watch normally, and I'm not into the luxury watches.

5. kreasonos thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your input guys. Was just really curious about this. I think that mechanical watches are going to keep increasing in value as a sort of historic collector type genre. Also, the materials will always have value, ie: gold, and other precious metals used in making a Rolex. I definitely don't think Rolex is going anywhere anytime soon, I feel like the Apple watch in comparison to fine mechanical watches just serves two totally different purposes.

6. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I was never a fan of traditional watches. However, the added functionality that the Apple Watch introduced changed my mind. But I still could not wear a tradition watch.

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

I don't think it's just Rolex. Mechanical watches in general attract a growing collectors market and it's not going away anytime soon. Rolex is actually a mid range luxury brand when all is considered.

You're right that these two types of wearable have different markets in any case. They are pretty mutually exclusive I'd say.

8. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Do I have to pick one or the other? 'Cuz I have both (well, the Rolex is my wife's, but I've got an Omega... and Seiko, and Rado, and Citizen, and Casio, and...)

9. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I had my fun with a few Rolex watches. I am over it now. It is time to try out an Apple watch!