POLL: when did you decide you were all in for Apple watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gooberton, Apr 15, 2015.

?

When did you decide you would be purchasing an Apple watch?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2015.
  1. When rumors started

37.5%
  2. When it was announced the first time

30.6%
  3. The Apple watch event

5.6%
  4. In the last few weeks before preorder

16.9%
  5. At the very last minute

5.6%
  6. I hate Apple watch , no way did I preorder and never will

3.1%
  7. I still haven't decided

0.6%
  1. Gooberton macrumors 65816

When I first saw long ago I said no way. I don't need that I don't even wear watches then in the last month Apple roped me in again and now I'm super excited , how about you guys?

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

3. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I was impressed by it back in September when it was announced. In fact, I wanted the Watch more than the iPhone 6. Not to say that it stopped me from buying an iPhone 6 at launch.

4. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

5. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

Missing option:

Attached Files:

6. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

That's beautiful

7. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

When it was announced in September I had no interest. Then out of boredom I watch the keynote. My interest grew and as I started reading all the hands on reviews my level of excitement grew. A week or two before the preorder I started narrowing down my options. The night of the preorder I said I was going to wait till I woke up to order it. Needless to say that didn't happen and now I'm hoping for it to arrive on the 24th.

8. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

Sounds close to me, I think it was cause it was so far away and I was so excited for iPhone 6 , now I'm obsessing over it coming. 42 Milanese by the way!

9. leenak macrumors 68020

When I placed my order (or when I set my alarm for 3am). I'm also open to returning it.

10. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

When I had the money to spare and I said "eh why not". Which coincidently is the same reasoning for all Apple products.

11. whatos macrumors 6502a

Appears to be very impact resistant... :)

12. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

?

13. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Pretty much sums up all of my Apple purchases as well haha

14. corlando465 macrumors member

I've wanted one ever since the rumors started, mainly for the fitness aspect. The other great options are just icing on the cake

15. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

I remember when the first iPad wasn't widely accepted... On launch day at 830 pm I drove to the local Apple Store just to "try on" the iPad ... Expecting it to be sold out. After I played with it for a little while with my wife I knew it was something I had to have. Definitely a magical moment. The elements app and the simple piano app really amazed me.

I'm thinking that Apple has another magic moment on the way to my house in the next 4-6 weeks... Isn't that why we are all here reading this forum?? Hoping for some more magic.. It's worth the risk.

16. whatos macrumors 6502a

If you look at what I quoted, you'll get my joke. It was a paper card with 4 icons and a cellophane band. :)

17. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I knew I was going to buy it while watching the September event. I really liked it and knew I would buy it.

18. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I was all in before anything was ever known, I'll be buying anything they come up with in the future as long as the spirit and quality remain:D

What's next? Take my money:p

19. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

I was impressed by the announcement last year, and especially that they had a Milanese loop option, but I didn't think for a second that I'd get one.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a nice new Seiko Brightz automatic (and probably would have one by now if I hadn't agonised over the colour choice), and had the $900 earmarked and put aside for it. Then the talk about the Apple Watch restarted and I was having second thoughts.

Now, a few weeks later, I've got two on order, one for myself and one for my wife who doesn't normally wear watches but was suddenly drawn to it.

I will have to check those Apple videos frame by frame for subliminal messaging, something is definitely going on there... :eek:

20. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I fluctuated a bit when it was first announced but I managed to convince myself that I wasn't going to buy another gen 1 product, especially the watch.
    Needless to say that went the way of every other time I convince myself of the same. Couple of weeks before pre-orders the, I must have it, bit of my brain kicked in and he always wins in the end.

21. sk1wbw macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

Call me crazy, but the second I saw the animated Mickey Mouse face, I was sold.

22. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

The Mickey face did bring a smile to my own face. Brought back memories of the Mickey watch I had as a kid. It had a red strap though, don't think that would go so well with my pale-blue complexion these days I'd probably look like I'd been slashed.

23. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

I think you need to add... once I tried it on..

24. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

To be quite honest when it was announced at the keynote back in Septmeber I kind of knew I'd be getting it. It influenced my decision to get the iPhone 6 plus and come back to Apple.

25. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816