General [Poll] When do you update your phone?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by TC_GoldRush, Apr 6, 2018.

?

When do you update your phone/device?

1. As soon as a new update rolls out.

66.7%
  2. As soon as the kinks have been worked out of the update.

8.3%
  3. Never.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only when my applications stops supporting my OS.

8.3%
  5. Whenever the hell I feel like it.

16.7%
  1. TC_GoldRush macrumors 6502

TC_GoldRush

When do you update your phone or device? I personally never update my devices unless I have to. I have an iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 9.3.3, and a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 4.4.4 KitKat. iMac running OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks, PC running Windows 7.

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I used to update most of my Apple devices' OS as they came out, or shortly afterwards.

After updating my iPad Mini 2 from iOS 8 to iOS 9, I became scared to updating. It made the Mini unusable.

On my main Mac, I am still on 10.11, and I don't plan on ever updating the OS on it. But, if I did, at least I could go back to an older Mac OS. Too bad I can't do that with iOS devices.

I haven't tried iOS 11 on any of my devices due to being scare being stuck with it if I have problems.

3. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

The very evening the update comes out. No exceptions, no mercy. The same for the Mac, and aTV.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

Funny, I usually update my Android phones as soon as the updates roll out, but I tend to shy away from iOS releases. iOS often comes with new bugs, performance slowdowns, and battery issues. Although I would rush to get 10.3.