Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which 12 pro color looks best?

• Blue

Votes: 95 48.2%
  • Graphite

Votes: 47 23.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 15.2%

• Total voters

myachillesheel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2018
Just wanna see what everyone likes with the new blue color released. Will blue look boring after a year or even a couple months?

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Reason I like silver the best is you can buff out the scratches on silver. The other colors have coating that scratches can go through to silver underneath. And can’t buff out the colored stainless steel band as you go through the coating. Going to run phone naked this year as it grips easier with band edges.

Whole color thing is silly if you use a case. Got the green last year. Only see it twice, just after getting it and putting on the leather case. And again a year later when I remove leather case, to send back under Next plan. Oh yeah, I ordered the green phone.....whoop-dee-do, so what.

Phone should come with clear back, to see guts inside it. And ship with color case of choice. Like Ford did with Model T. Order it in any color, but when you get it, it’s black.

Last edited:

cjgonzales1900

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Just wanna see what everyone likes with the new blue color released. Will blue look boring after a year or even a couple months?
Silver is just classic. The only reason I used to get black iPhones is because the other colors had White screens. I only like the black screens like the Original iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS had. I got the Silver iPhone X and only went with black on iPhone XS so it would feel like a new phone because both phones looked identical in person.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Silver is classic and a safe choice for me. If we could see any of the d*** phones in a hands-on before preorders tomorrow, I might have explored gold since I think it looks stunning.

Reactions: M5RahuL

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
I’m contemplating getting the gold, and skin the back in black ( since the back, atleast from the posted pics on Apple’s site, looks very light compared to the band ) and leave the band as is. Give it that black/gold look...

Really wish Apple had given some YT’bers the device so we’d have a better idea of what they actually look like!!

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I’m going with boring old silver. Lighter and neutral colors are easier to match with cases. Hence why I got the silver 16 MacBook and silver 11 iPad Pro. The light blue with the silver looks great. My black Apple Watch is kinda hard to match with fun colors imho.
[automerge]1602831065[/automerge]
I’m actually surprised that gold is getting so little love in this poll when it looks legit this year. I suspect once it gets into hands and reviews we may see a shift. From what I’ve seen I’m liking gold for now.
I got a gold xs max and I totally regret it. It’s too much to ostentatious. I’m getting silver for sure.

themaestro

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
I will have pure Titanium watch soon (upgrading from series 2 :) ) and I'm not sure what new phone colour would match it best.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Reason I like silver the best is you can buff out the scratches on silver. The other colors have coating that scratches can go through to silver underneath. And can’t buff out the colored stainless steel band as you go through the coating. Going to run phone naked this year as it grips easier with band edges.

Whole color thing is silly if you use a case. Got the green last year. Only see it twice, just after getting it and putting on the leather case. And again a year later when I remove leather case, to send back under Next plan. Oh yeah, I ordered the green phone.....whoop-dee-do, so what.

Phone should come with clear back, to see guts inside it. And ship with color case of choice. Like Ford did with Model T. Order it in any color, but when you get it, it’s black.

There was some mention in one of these Threads when the phone was announced he said all colors have the PVD coating. I found this interesting considering that was always reserved for the colored models and not Silver. Not sure how true it is as there is no mention on the site.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Pacific Blue looks so damn elegant. Once I saw the Deep Blue on the non-Pros, I was curious what the special colour option would be for the Pros, but Apple really outdid themselves.

I think the blue is going to age extremely well. Not upgrading, but if I was to buy a Pro, I would confidently choose Pacific Blue.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Usually I like gold but this year I've got a strange thing for black/space grey. I got a new MacBook Air and I didn't get gold but space grey and an iPad Pro 11 in space grey too. I could go for the graphite or gold 12 pro max. Haven't decided yet.

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
While I‘d hands down prefer a true black Pro (or a purple Non-Pro), I really like the Graphite. Also, it will go really well with colourful cases and wallpapers. :)

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I don’t mind gold per se, if the renders are to be believed the gold SS band looks quite nice. What I don’t like about the gold 12 Pro is the matte yellow back. Since I never put any cases on my phones I have to pay attention to that :)

I’ll probably end up getting a graphite one.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
All right folks I did it. I just pre-ordered an iPhone 12 pro in GOLD. I chose pick up instead of delivery since now delivery is being pushed into November. So I have a window at the Apple store to pick it up on October 23rd. While I’m there the other colors will be on display and if for any reason gold doesn’t do it for me in person I’ll request a color change right then and there. I chose the base storage model. I added mag charger and silicone case. Total came out to 1171$. one time payment

Reactions: Sugarbear6874

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Ordered Blue and the clear case. This time, I’d like to see the color as I always bought gray so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.