Poll: Which case should I get?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by momof3az, May 12, 2010.

1. momof3az macrumors newbie

May 11, 2010
    Otterbox Commuter TL - my qualms are that I am unsure I love the look and I don't like the apple cut-out.

Incase Slider Monochrome soft pink - the scratching issue is making me hesitate on this one

Switcheasy Colors - I like the simple look & price but does it look cheap/cheesy?

Speck Candyshell - Like the protection, not sure about the colors or shiny plastic look

Switcheasy Torrent - Again maybe the style is a bit much for me.
  2. momof3az thread starter macrumors newbie

May 11, 2010
    Ok, I can't figure out how to post a poll, but would still appreciate opinions/feedback. Thank you.
  3. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2007
    Northwest, CT
    I like the Speck Candyshell quite a bit, still one of my favorite cases, it does scratch very easy though and it more noticeable on the darker colors.

The Switcheasy Colors are quite good for a silicone only case.

The Incase Slider's are still great cases, I have a gunmetal version and I like it quite a bit. I have heard some people's Sliders are quite loose and some are fine, so it seems hit or miss with that problem.

I do not have an Otterbox Commuter TL so I cannot comment, I do however have the regular Commuter and I love it, one of my top 3 cases, provides protection and it looks good, on the regular Commuter I cut a screen shield to put over the cutout where the Apple logo is so that part of my phone doesn't get scratched.

Never used a Switcheasy Torrent so I can't comment on it.

Otterbox is a great company to deal with. Switcheasy has been good to deal with also.

I think the Commuter is my favorite case currently, with the Otterbox Defender trailing in second, I use the Defender when I'm mountain biking and road cycling, I have been too lazy lately to swap it to put the Commuter back on, but I think the Commuter would hold up well while bike riding.
  4. alamperti macrumors member

Dec 22, 2009
    @momof3az i've tried the Incase Chrome Slider liked it even if may become very tough to remove. Moreover the iPhone's bezel is in direct contact with some hard plastic and the couple of rubber rails may leave some marks on the phone back, too. I would suggest the Speck CandyShell may by tricky to remove if you don't follow the suggested steps, anyway it offers some real protection against drops. Agreed, the black one it does scratch very easily! Cheers :)