Poll: Which color Series 4 watch did you order?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RonFromOregon, Sep 28, 2018.

?

Poll: Which color Series 4 watch did you order?

1. Silver Aluminum

13.0%
  2. Gold Aluminum

5.3%
  3. Space Gray Aluminum

25.2%
  4. Silver Stainless Steel

21.4%
  5. Gold Stainless Steel

18.3%
  6. Space Black Stainless Steel

16.8%
  1. RonFromOregon macrumors member

Curious about the breakdown between Aluminum, Stainless and color choices? Poll is below.

2. RonFromOregon thread starter macrumors member

About 65% aluminum, 45% stainless. I'm surprised stainless is so popular, given how much more it costs.

3. TheBearman macrumors 6502

As you can see, stainless is now overtaking aluminum. I expect this trend will continue as I believe it's a bit late for this kind of poll. Folks waiting for their series 4 watch are more active on the forum at the moment, looking for news on shipment updates and information from others . Since there are delays with most stainless models you'll see more responses for those customers.

I also expect, even with the higher cost, there is greater than expected demand for the stainless models.

4. musicpenguy macrumors 65832

I think too more people are going stainless this time - this is my 3rd watch and will be my first time going stainless

5. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

I also think posters here are substantially more interested in Apple, and the watch, than the general population and that might skew toward the higher end stainless.

6. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

7. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

Was going to go space black stainless to replace my aluminium OG, but then decided maybe steel isn't for me. I'm not such a fancy guy really, and I really do love the pearly silver aluminium look, so I changed my order and went Nike+ with snow white sports loop instead.

8. RonFromOregon thread starter macrumors member

Looks like you're both right. Now we're at about 55% Stainless, with our extremely small sampling. For about a week, I was waiting for a poll like this to turn up here or elsewhere, and I never saw one. That's why I started one here, albeit a little late.

9. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Space Gray Alum for me
    Silver Alum for my wife
    Gold Alum for my mom

My wife and mom would have gone with Rose Gold if they had the option this year.

10. RonFromOregon thread starter macrumors member

11. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Silver aluminum for me. Silver because my phone is silver, so why not, and aluminum because I have joint pain in both wrists, so the lighter the better!