iPhone X POLL: Which iPhone X's screen tint is better, left or right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Apr 25, 2018.

?

Is tint better on the left iPhone or right?

Poll closed May 25, 2018.
  1. Right

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Left

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

Neither, left one looks like it has 3 tints, and the right one looks like its half pink half blue. if I had to choose tho id go right.

2. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

If you zoom into each phone and look at overall,

Does the right seem more green/yellowy and the left more red/orangy?

3. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

right seems green/pink. left seems blue/red(pink)

4. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

I’m not sure if green is that good. I’ll try reading some articles on both and see which is more soothing and better for the eyes.

5. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

it gets annoying and looks swampy, but at least half the display is green and half pink. on the left phone you got like 3 different tints goin, bottom half then top left and top right.

6. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

I think the various tints are just angles playing out in the photo.

In person one looks more warm/red/orangy and the other cooler/green/yellowy

7. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

I have yellow tint, easier on the eyes, so right. I have nightshift and truetone on 24hours/7

8. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

9. now i see it macrumors 68030

And if you tilt the screen at the slightest angle, the colors will shift again. Welcome to OLED displays.

10. Shadowbech macrumors 601

11. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

12. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

It’s judt that one seems more orangy/red the other green/yellow

13. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

I wish I could worry about display variation just cracked Bae today. But gonna sit on paying $300 to play panel lottery again, and given exchange hell, really
    Tempted to not even bother

Its mostly a horizontal hairline near the dock area of screen. Some branching off but not much.

Back on topic tho:
    Probably right tho not liking the shadowing look on the left, but I think that one actually has a preferable tint.

14. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

The shadow I think is just from the angle tho

I like the left tint too but was just tryna see what my macrumors fam on here thought

15. chabig macrumors 603

The left one has a tinge of cherry, while the right has hints of vanilla.

16. thadoggfather, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018

thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Does it make any rational sense not only do I not wanna pay the $300 but might be livid if I pay and get a crap panel even with the crack in the screen obviously fixed?

To me, that would be a downgrade I think

Of course it depends on severity of crack, and im not at all thrilled about it

But threads like these that I feel are valid give me chest pains.

I seriously went through like 8 or so units I would guess and only 2 were good. 2. The first was fine enough but had terrible reception and sent me on a quest from hell

17. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

I switched out my 8 at the Apple store for a sketchy speaker and the panel I got wasn’t as good as my previous one IMO.

Told the lady but she just said it had to do with the True Tone.

Could swap it out again maybe but I got a life now lol and don’t wanna spend the time. Been through this before and it’s not something I want to do again tbh.

18. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

That’s the other thing

Earpiece and Face ID are lotteries too and I’m pretty sure display replacement has Face I’d and earpiece too right?

19. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

I don’t know tbh. Maybe there’s an ifixit tear down video on YouTube where it shows?

I’m just going to try not to worry about these things. It’s easier said than done. In fact if I get a faulty ear piece speaker or a faulty speaker at the bottom no way I’d let it go haha. But yea it’s just one of those things where I’m so tired of having to care. I’ve been through this in the past where the screen was not Good imo so I keep trying. It’s a lot of effort And I don’t know if it’s even worth the time for me at this point to go through it again if I needed to for whatever reason.

20. pgoelz macrumors regular

I dunno...... I guess it's just me I but threads like this make me very glad I buy most of my phones used off Ebay. No way I would ever pay $1000 for a new phone. Stressing over subtle screen shading and worrying about dropping a $1000+ phone? I have better things to do and at the end of the day my phone is just a tool, not a piece of jewelry ;) My current phone is an iPhone 7 that I paid $320 for on Ebay (which is the most I have ever paid for a phone). It has some case rash and a couple minor scratches on the screen but after a $29 battery replacement, it works just like a new phone. I keep it in a very thin rubber case so the case rash is a total non-issue. And the scratches don't bother me any more. If I accidentally destroyed it, not the disaster it would be if it was a new iPhone X and it does just about everything a $1000 iPhone X does.

Paul

21. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Both are more than acceptable. No display is perfect.

22. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68040

They’re both good it’s just a preference thing.