Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black or White, which MacBook did you buy?

• I bought a white one!

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I bought a black one!

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • I'm planning on buying a white one.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I'm planning on buying a black one.

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firsttube

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
MacBook owners, did you get Black or White? For those of you planning on actually purchasing one, same goes for you.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
black. IMO, it looks much better than the white, and worth the extra money (also, because I bought it in store and needed a minimum of 80 GB HDD, that was going for the black:) )

Rovman

macrumors regular
May 4, 2006
United Kingdom
I ordered a white one, i would have prefered the black but couldn't afford it and was too impatient to wait any longer (though i still gotta wait till wednesday - friday for it to arive :/)

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
I got thw white for:
1. It is useless to pay 150 bucks to get a (IMO) uglier computer.
2. The blacks trackpad is smudged with fingerprints after from day 1.
3. Black is like PowerBook G3. White is Apple, like the iBook. I just prefer the white for computers.

firsttube

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Josias said:
I got the white for:
1. It is useless to pay 150 bucks to get a (IMO) uglier computer.
2. The blacks trackpad is smudged with fingerprints after from day 1.
3. Black is like PowerBook G3. White is Apple, like the iBook. I just prefer the white for computers.

1. I agree 100%. I'm really glad the black ones aren't ugly.
2. I had the same worry. I found that the "schmootz" that shows up on the trackpad wipes off easily with a clean cloth, along with the rest of the macbook.
3. I think of the Pismo Powerbook as well when I think of a black apple laptop. Glad to see black is back after such a long hiatus.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
firsttube said:
1. I agree 100%. I'm really glad the black ones aren't ugly.
2. I had the same worry. I found that the "schmootz"d that shows up on the trackpad wipes off easily with a clean cloth, along with the rest of the macbook.
3. I think of the Pismo Powerbook as well when I think of a black apple laptop. Glad to see black is back after such a long hiatus.

1. I'm glad you didn't agree.
2. I'm glad I didn't have to clean my MacBook once every 2 minutes.
3. I am glad I don't have a Pismo too.

firsttube

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Josias said:
1. I'm glad you didn't agree.
2. I'm glad I didn't have to clean my MacBook once every 2 minutes.
3. I am glad I don't have a Pismo too.

In reference to #2, Who said anything about cleaning it every 2 minutes? I've had mine for a week, and I cleaned it once a few days ago. That smudge you're talking about isn't actually a problem. Most of those pictures of smudges are from apple stores where an insane number of people have been handling the laptops, let alone the visitors that have just come from the food court. It's not actually like that. I'm suprised that you have yet to brag about how my ugly greasy laptop cost more than your beatiful non-greasy model. I'm sensing a bit of unnecessary hostility with your reply. Can't we all just get along?

navigator

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2006
This is becoming so pointless. If you like Black buy Black, if you like White buy White. End of story!!!

BlackBook in the mail as we speak :D

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I prefer the white one, although the black is also nice, it looks to me like an aluminium powerbook sprayed black, although I haven't seen a black one in person yet, just photos.

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
dextertangocci said:
I prefer the white one, although the black is also nice, it looks to me like an aluminium powerbook sprayed black, although I haven't seen a black one in person yet, just photos.
yeah they look nice in person. i had to go to the apple store last week just too see the white and black ones for myself. i actually like both but prefer the black. i guess the reason why i do is because its just something different then the ibooks that we are all use too from the past

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
firsttube said:
In reference to #2, Who said anything about cleaning it every 2 minutes? I've had mine for a week, and I cleaned it once a few days ago. That smudge you're talking about isn't actually a problem. Most of those pictures of smudges are from apple stores where an insane number of people have been handling the laptops, let alone the visitors that have just come from the food court. It's not actually like that. I'm suprised that you have yet to brag about how my ugly greasy laptop cost more than your beatiful non-greasy model. I'm sensing a bit of unnecessary hostility with your reply. Can't we all just get along?

Yeah sure. Sorry. Didn't mean to offend/piss you off. I like white MacBooks, you like black MB's. OK.;) BTW, do you like the MBP's color better? I prefer that aluminum/silver look.:cool:

NVRsayNVR

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2005
Bought the white one (computer not girl... I don't do that!) but the black one looked good. It's just that I know white will look better longer and I can always paint the inside a cool metallic blue down the road and have the outside still popin! :cool:

"Think Alike... BE Different!"

firsttube

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Josias said:
Yeah sure. Sorry. Didn't mean to offend/piss you off. I like white MacBooks, you like black MB's. OK.;) BTW, do you like the MBP's color better? I prefer that aluminum/silver look.:cool:

I don't actually like the aluminum look, because I think it reminds me too much of the titanium pb's as well as the regular alu pb's before the switch to intel. I'm expecting a change in design once they get those next gen cpu's.

angelp

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2006
Bought the white. Didn't like the oily fingerprints that I've seen in owner's pics plus in the stores on the black ones. Plus, the black looks a little too much like some of my old PC laptops.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
White, just because of the price difference. However, if the black and white color were both the same amount of money, I'd get the black one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.