Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which product will be most popular this holiday season?

• iMac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MacBook

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • MacBook Pro

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • iPod Nano

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • iPod Touch

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • iPhone

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
London
Which Apple product do you guys think will be most popular this holiday season? I think it will be the new Nanos, but I'm also thinking the new MacBooks will be very popular as well. I'd be interested to hear all of your thoughts. :)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I wonder: Will a $1000+ computer sell more or the $150+ music player sell more. :rolleyes:

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
I actually think the iPod Touch will outsell the Nano. Lots of people, especially kids, want an iPhone. Instead of shelling out $199 + a minimum $75/monthly payment to AT&T, parents will opt for the $230 8GB Touch.

In terms of laptops, the MacBook will outsell the MacBook Pro. Plus, you can't compare MP3 players and laptops. It's comparing apples to oranges. Yes, pun intended! :D

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
London
Yeah, I guess it is hard to compare two totally different products...Sorry

Still, it will be interesting to see which products are big sellers and which ones aren't. I'm guessing the MacBook Pro will be the least popular because the line is only partially updated.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I'm with the 8GB iPod touch.
Then the iPod nano.
Then the MacBook.

I think people are purposely staying away from the iPhone and iMac due to suspected updates.
And the MB is more likely to be a gift for the holiday season than the MBP.

enigma23

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2008
I'd say the nano, as they'd make an affordable yet really cool gift. They're advertised a lot as well.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I'd say the nano, as they'd make an affordable yet really cool gift. They're advertised a lot as well.

The iPod touch is advertised just as much.
And I suspect it will beat the nano this year due to... Well mainly it's price drop and a little because of the new features.

Semiopaque

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2008
I have to go with the Nano since my mom just bought one and she almost never buys tech stuff for herself. Spent a half hour on the phone with her last night getting the Nano setup with her laptop and showing her how to get her CDs on there. Then spent almost 2 hours getting her laptop cleaned up and working properly so she wouldn't accidentally mess up it easily. Removed dozens of programs that Toshiba put on there and that well, she just needs to stop clicking 'Yes.'

The nano is the first thing I've heard from her in awhile that she thought would work pretty well for her.

Though the price on the Touch has got to be pretty appealing to many...

321estrellas

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2007
Maybe it would be more fair to consider which product will make the most money??

Ie. 1 x $3000 Mac Pro = 3 x $1000 Macbooks = 20 x $150 iPod Nano's (prices made up for simpler math :D)

Even if the computers were cheaper, the iPod's will likely outdo every other product by a longshot...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.