[Poll] Which size for your next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by masciam, Sep 13, 2015.

?

Which size for your next iPhone?

1. I have the regular and I'm getting the regular

19 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. I have the regular and I'm getting the plus

24 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. I have the plus and I'm getting the regular

10 vote(s)
    9.0%
  4. I have the plus and I'm getting the plus

35 vote(s)
    31.5%
  5. I have an 5s or older device and I'm getting the regular

9 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. I have an 5s or older device and I'm getting the plus

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  7. I have an Android/WP and I'm getting the regular

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. I have an Android/WP and I'm getting the plus

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. masciam macrumors member

Hey,
    I know there are a few threads going on about the pros/cons of getting the iphone or the iphone plus, but I couldn't find a poll, so forgive me if this has already been created.

When the last iphone generation came out I got the regular 6, used it for a couple of months, and ended up exchanging it with a friend who got the 6+ and regretted it. It was my first phablet and I've gotten really used to its size by now. I love the browsing experience and the battery life, but every time I use someone else's 6 it just feels better in the hand and for taking photos.

I can upgrade every year on my carrier, and now I'm torn between the 6s and 6s+, so I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion. I was hoping they'd increase the ppi (yes I can notice the differnce and I don't even have good eyesight) and include OIS on the 6s, but I'm guessing they saved that for the 7.

I have a 5.2" Moto X as my work phone and honestly it feels like the perfect size to me.

2. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

3. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

Would love to see more results for this poll.

4. marchrose2011 macrumors regular

I am a petite girl so I am upgrading from the 5 to a 6s. I just think that a 6s+ would be way to big for me.

5. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I have the iphone 6 regular and I'm getting the iphone 6s plus because 1) I mostly use my iphone as a computer and not a phone 2) I'm thinking maybe it can replace my ipad.

I'm also pondering the idea of selling my 15" macbook pro for the ipad pro and keyboard. I probably won't do this though.

6. Macsidia macrumors regular

Macsidia

You missed out an option.

I have an Android and I'm getting the regular.

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I have the 6+ and am getting the 6s+. I thought about getting the 6s this time but saw the difference in the regular 6 on Friday. It seems so small now!

8. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Going from a 6 to 6S Plus. Hope the iPhone 7 offers a nice compromise between the two. It would be nice to see one SKU at 5-5.3"

9. macrumorsuser10 macrumors 6502

That's a good point.

10. masciam thread starter macrumors member

Good point. I've updated the options, thanks!

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

12. masciam thread starter macrumors member

The results are really interesting so far. Only 20% of the 6+ owners are considering getting the 6s, while almost half of 6 owners want the 6s+. I guess if I owned a 6 at this point and got the 6s+ it would make the upgrade feel more substantial (more screen real state, higher ppi, bigger battery, OIS).

I still have mixed feelings about the plus though.

13. Anand953 macrumors regular

I too in the same boat.. Remove the bezel size of the 6+ and I will go for it any day. Fact remains that it's an overall better experience using a bigger size. Apple has been too cunning this time to have not given the additional features available in 6+ on the regular 6. they just want people to spend more. Also it's so illogical to have kept the 16 gb variant as they know that hardly 5% of the buyers are going to prefer that.. And these models will be the 1st to get the biggest discounts in a couple of months time on online portals

14. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm going from the 5s to the Big Boy! I wanna go big!

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Going from a 32GB 5c to 128GB 6+
    Bought it from my carrier after I noticed Apple won't offer the 128 anymore.

16. sketdansuu macrumors member

sketdansuu

black plus to a white/silver regular. Plus is amazing but I mostly use it at the office or at home where I have access to a PC or iPad so I can't really justify the size.

17. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I was going to downsize to the 6s but when I tested it out I'm the store it didn't really feel all that great in any of my pockets either. And I found it hard to text on after a year of typing on the Plus. So to me it wasn't worth giving up the battery capacity and better display and extra camera goodies.

18. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

19. Trickhot3102 macrumors 6502

Trickhot3102

I'd be all for the Plus model if the bezels were smaller!! If the iPhone 7 drastically shrinks the bezels, id definitely go for it. If they are like the 6, I'll get the regular 7. The bezels on the 6 series are just way too big for me. The 6 plus is bigger than the note 4, and the note 4 has a bigger screen!!!