Resolved Poll: White/Silver or Black/Grey iPad Air.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fredylee, Nov 1, 2013.

?

Which iPad Air are you getting

1. White/Silver

39.6%
  2. Black/Grey

60.4%
  1. fredylee macrumors member

I am always thorn between these two options. And on previous year I ending up selling my white iPad and getting the black one instead.

I found out that materials (game, books, website) is not looking as good against the black border vs the white border.

Am I alone in this? Wondering if we can do some poll and opinions?

2. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Originally ordered White Silver, but switched to Black Grey once I saw it. :cool:

3. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

Black is best for any display. A white bezel is distracting.

4. leenak macrumors 68020

For the last 3 years, I've had a black iPad but I also had a colorful sticker around the bezel so I never even saw the black. I never found it distracting. I decided to order white against my gut reaction to get black. White should be fun and if I don't like it, I can buy a sticker for it like I did for my iPad 2.

5. fredylee thread starter macrumors member

:), I was thinking of Black/Silver, but I am always a wuss whenever I see the white/silver one. They looks nice and the only one available to show off at Best Buy. Looks like they got thicker black border on the iPad than the iPhone so I plunge n got the white.

Maybe I changed my mind again when I saw the Black/Grey. :D:D:D

6. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

Holding my white/silver iPad Air and it's gorgeous.

7. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

8. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

Ordered white/silver, but changed to Space Grey when I saw it in the store.

9. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Ditto.
    The back is lighter than I thought (hadn't seen the space gray 5S) and was impressed enough to switch my thinking. The black bezel is easier on the eyes too.

10. Daves0024 macrumors member

I also got the card for a white one in line and then saw the black i the store and switched it.....Love the space grey

11. HM Apple macrumors member

Looked at both this morning, bought Space gray/black. For my eyes it was the better choice.

12. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

The black/space grey works best for me and reading, and not as distracting as the white/silver.

13. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

My first 2 iPads where black so I decided to change it up this time and went white. Still gotta get used to it...

14. fredylee thread starter macrumors member

Been using my white/silver for the past 5 days, and I am quite dissatisfied. I tried to ignore the white bezel, but it just kept on annoying me.

The white bezel look so pretty on the iPad Air, but distracting the content that I am looking at.

Saw the Black iPad Air couple of days ago, and realized what I've been missing. I guess I am one those people who just can't live with the white bezel. I find the black air produced more stunning content, which is why I am getting my iPad for.

Thus I am returning the White/Silver, and buying the Black/Space Grey instead.

15. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

bought the silver air at launch at target Friday morning at 8am. Have always used black ipads. Wanted to switch it up a little. I couldn't deal with the silver white anymore. Too distracting. Returned it today at 8 am at target no questions asked. Got my cash back and re-bought it in silver grey (last one in stock) Mind you for all my iphones is the other way around. I end up trying black but always return to white. iPhone 4/4s/5/5s all white. black bezel much easier on my eyes.

16. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Same story here.

iPhones I go white

iPad mini I go white

Full size iPad I go black. I bought the Air in white but am in the process of exchanging for black as the white is a bit distracting. Maybe because its larger?

17. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

has to be because its larger. that's the only logical explanation. The white border just annoyed me. With black i don't feel like this.

18. Kaizen macrumors member

I've owned every iPad released to date, and have always gone black. This time i decided to go white and I'm surprised by just how much I like it! It looks really classy and I find the white border is actually easier on my eyes as it tends to jar less with what is on screen

19. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I always prefer black front but wasn't eager for the Space Gray back. It's grown on me a lot, to the point that I prefer it over the silver. :)

20. fredylee thread starter macrumors member

I think it is because iPad have larger border than iPhone, and thus you immediately see them when you are trying to see the content.

Black is the way to go, so much easier on my poor eye. :)

21. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Getting a white iPad Air soon and I have to say I'm... excited? Probably nervous would cover it better! (I know, I know, first world problems...)

Never had a white iDevice before, but have decided to take the plunge since iOS 7 is so bright. Hopefully I'll love it more than the black!

22. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I don't find the white distracting even when I'm watching a video. I don't even look at it since I'm always focused on the screen.

23. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

White/Silver iPad Air because the white instantly shows the smaller bezels showing you have an iPad Air:) I just prefer white over black devices anyway.

24. Robster3 macrumors 68000