Poll: Who has a yellow discoloring on Iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scubasteve03, Jun 23, 2010.

?

Do you have yellow discoloring on your new Iphone 4?

1. Yes, I have yellow spots and or bands on my screen.

25.7%
  2. My screen is perfect in every single way!

74.3%
  1. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

1. I have yellow spots and or lines on my screen

2. Screen looks perfect to me.

If you don't mind, post some pictures of your discoloring so we can see what we are dealing with. Is everyone's in the same spot?

Attached Files:

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Probably be a good idea to actually make the poll part of the poll thread. ;)

3. scubasteve03 thread starter macrumors regular

I am trying to get pictures of the defect. Mine is in the upper left corner and is very visible unless the screen is all black. I really hoped Apple would have checked into this before they let these get though. Hopefully it's just rare issue.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

How did you get the screen to put that image up?

5. Ganesha macrumors regular

I called my file yellow, but I don't think it is.

Attached Files:

6. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I need to know how quickly this was noticeable for the people that are affected. I'm going to get my reserved phone tomorrow at the apple store. Is this something i'll be able to spot right as they turn on the phone, or am I going to notice is right as i'm being pushed out the door?

I'm going to assume that even if I had a yellow splotch, there isn't going to be anything they can do about it, as most of the stores aren't going to have extra phones.

7. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I notice that compared to my 3GS the screen seems a lot "warmer" color wise. But I think it's probably more color correct than my 3GS. I don't have the spots you guys have.

To those that have the yellow spots, make a genius bar appointment at your closest apple store and they will swap it out for you. It might take a few days here at first with all the chaos at the apple stores.

8. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

As I posted in the other thread, mine came with the yellow jizz marks.

9. scubasteve03 thread starter macrumors regular

You should notice it almost instantly. Try to find a white image and make the entire screen white. The flashlight app works very well. Don't leave the store until you have a perfect screen.
    To the guy who can't believe how fanatical we are about phones...seriously? You are on macrumors.com! I spent almost $600 on a phone, it better be perfect!

10. Teknesia macrumors newbie

I have 3 yellow spots.

I have 3 yellow spots - in every corner but the upper right. Faint but noticeable especially when in settings menus or looking at pictures with gray or white backgrounds.

Already made an appt with the Apple Store to get a new one on Fri. :)

11. scubasteve03 thread starter macrumors regular

Did they say they would for sure have a replacement for you? I wonder what the chances are of replacing it with a white Iphone 4?

12. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

13. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Anyone in the UK....

If I buy my phone from O2 and it has these yellow marks, will I be able to get a new one from the Apple store?

14. nbuubu macrumors regular

Curious for those of you with Yellow spots ... did you order through Apple.com and get your phone shipped directly from China?

Might be a certain batch that's bad. Wonder if the phones that AT&T had sitting in their warehouses is similarly affected.

15. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Oh dear, here we go again! I seem to remember we had to endure these bleats about yellow screens when the 3GS was launched!! :D

16. Built macrumors 68020

No yellow splotches, dots or lines.

I used the Flashlight app, turned the brighness all the way up, and then compared to my 3G screen.

17. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It is true that we haven't confirmed these issues with devices already at retailers. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

18. Jeff321 macrumors member

19. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I think I have a yellow line on the bottom of mine. It's really hard to see though because it's on the bottom of the screen. Everything else seems perfect though so I'm torn. No dead pixels or other defects but I'm going to the Apple store tomorrow to get one with my friend. I'll see what they say.

20. michael31986 macrumors 68040

i dont think i have any, but its hard to tell. but honestly im looking really hard and see nothing yellow.

21. SlvrSrfr macrumors member

Sorry to hear about the screen problems some people are having. Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I hope I don't have any yellow "retinas" staring back at me...

22. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie